Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burgoyne breaks his ankle (and possible replacement)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Letheren is a good back up but for me he’s not good enough to be a regular starter in a top half L1 side.

Cooper is a great prospect but very inexperienced and there’s no reason to rush him.

Signing a new keeper is the obvious option imo.

Aug 5, 2016
As has been said, if we start the season with Letheren then we've gone backwards.

He's a professional back up keeper at this level, we need a starting keeper for him to be back up to.

Keepers have to jump up and place all their weight on either ankle, so it will be a long time until Burgoyne is back, fit and confident.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Roos had the best distribution of any keeper we’ve had in a long time, would happily take him back.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lobster":i7noc06k said:
Emu":i7noc06k said:
Kelle Roos?

I would be very happy with this. Distribution up to Taylor was fantastic, which is crucial to how we play.

Roos has been involved with the pre-season games and the Derby fans now think he's jumped above Jon Mitchell to be second choice keeper.

Would a new keeper now come in and be the number 1 with just 10 days to go until Walsall?
It would be harsh on Letheren if that happened.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":33uq583w said:
Lobster":33uq583w said:
Emu":33uq583w said:
Kelle Roos?

I would be very happy with this. Distribution up to Taylor was fantastic, which is crucial to how we play.

Roos has been involved with the pre-season games and the Derby fans now think he's jumped above Jon Mitchell to be second choice keeper.

Would a new keeper now come in and be the number 1 with just 10 days to go until Walsall?
It would be harsh on Letheren if that happened.

I think when Letheren joined he would have been fully aware that he was coming in to be number two & that his job is to push the number one, we now need another number one.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Wonder if a permanent move for Remi would be out the question. With Krul there is he still third choice? Small offer with a sell on clause might tempt Norwich.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I do not believe that news.

This is like getting hit by lightning twice. Then a third time. Then it hitting your wife and kids for good measure.

Completely surreal.

Aug 4, 2011
Would find it very unlikely Derek would be able to get a keeper in willing to travel over to Holland to meet up with his new team mates. So even if a new loan keeper does come in (which I fully expect at some point) I would imagine Letheren will now be told he is starting at Walsall and the few warm up games remaining will be used to familarise the defence with goalkeeper.
What bad luck. Lets just hope our 2 remaining goalkeepers stay injury free during the remainder of this tour.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Knibbsworth":1wvwu0hr said:
As has been said, if we start the season with Letheren then we've gone backwards.

He's a professional back up keeper at this level, we need a starting keeper for him to be back up to.

Keepers have to jump up and place all their weight on either ankle, so it will be a long time until Burgoyne is back, fit and confident.
But isn't this the sort of situation that back-up keepers are for? :eh: :?

Apr 29, 2016
The-Pilgrim":2fnavfsa said:
He's broken his ankle and is on his way home from Holland with it in plaster so that's him probably out for 3 months. Do we now go looking for another keeper or do we put our faith in Letheren?

Based on the Yeovil game I’m afraid that Letheren is not good enough for our number one. I would pick Coops ahead of him but really feel that we need another first choice.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":38qk9yn1 said:
Knibbsworth":38qk9yn1 said:

But isn't this the sort of situation that back-up keepers are for? :eh: :?

Letheren is probably good enough to stand in for a few games, but in my opinion definitely not for a few months, if Derek viewed Letheren as a long term option he wouldn’t have signed Matthews last season.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008