Broom could be sold by Posh ... Aberdeen interested | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Broom could be sold by Posh ... Aberdeen interested

Sep 6, 2006
Wonder what?

Broom hasn't even been bad, but he's gone from being rampant away at Accrington and hitting stunners to on the bench and confused.

As for disrupted form, 12 months ago Camara wasn't the same player after Christmas than he was before it.
We didn't think it was the end of him though and a waste of an investment. Hardie is notoriously streaky, but the fans and management understand it.

Broom is 25 years old with so much to offer. The lad just needs a club he can consider home - hopefully with us.
Wonder what? Its obvious. Its a concern if his form can be so easily disrupted. He's never going to play every game.

Aug 5, 2016
Wonder what? Its obvious. Its a concern if his form can be so easily disrupted. He's never going to play every game.

He was benched for no apparent reason whilst in good form. Then all of a sudden he's living off 20 mins from the bench all the time.
You don't need to be a qualified sports psychologist to appreciate that might not be the best way to continue getting the best out of a particular player.

Argyle are no doubt privy to a lot more information than us on here, and the decision to go with Mayor, Houghton and Camara may have been prompted by external factors. However I am simply saying it really isn't surprising he is no longer in the form he was in given how he has been treated. He has gone from a key player and 'one to watch' to bench warmer in the blink of an eye.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that Peterborough 's valuation of Broom is too high, they have another bidder lined up and Argyle know he won't be around for the second half of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldage and Shoenice
Sep 6, 2006
He was benched for no apparent reason whilst in good form. Then all of a sudden he's living off 20 mins from the bench all the time.
You don't need to be a qualified sports psychologist to appreciate that might not be the best way to continue getting the best out of a particular player.
So you suggest he should play 90 minutes every week and should that not happen he will immediately lose form?
He was playing well against weaker teams also of course. Similar to my argument re Hardie.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
So you suggest he should play 90 minutes every week and should that not happen he will immediately lose form?
He was playing well against weaker teams also of course. Similar to my argument re Hardie.
There's a school of thought that says Hardies form dropped with Broom out id the side. It is true that our transition from defence to attack is quicker with Broom in the side - maybe that is the key to Hardie's form

In answer to Knibbs' point i think Lowe said that Broom was dropped initially as he needed a rest. Mayor has been in quite good form but the style of play is different with him in the team.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
In his initial games Ryan Broom was a bundle of energy, very direct and effective. Ryan Lowe dropped him as he felt he had seen a drop in his energy levels and Broom's not really made much impression in his limited game time since. Maybe he's not capable of sustaining that high energy performance game in game out ? I would like to think that he could but I have doubts, for that reason I think yes, consider signing him if available, but only at a very sensible price.

Last edited: