Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Brian- Yes Blanchard was not his usual self from last year, very poor kicking and did not seem as quick. Lets see what jamie can do!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
With all the doom mongering after saturday I went along expecting a really dire performance - and was pleasantly surprised. It was an open match with the domination switching from team to team. Bradford really on top for first 20 then we were gradually getting back into it until their defender was stretchered off ( broken leg? it certainly looked like it) which seemed to galvanise them again. Lowry had a great chance just before halftime to draw us level after we conceded a soft goal.
Second half we had them under pressure for sustained periods but lacked any real goal threat. We did have 3 good chances with Macca hitting the best of them wide after battling his way through. Chadwick forced a save with a strong shot from a sharp angle and headed a Macca cross over.
We pushed Nelson up front and went 3 at the back which lefy us exposed and led to a very good Gilmartin save low to his left. Blanchard has been criticised by a few on here but. as I saw it, he was mainly firefighting and often had little option but to belt the ball away/into touch.
Took my son-in-law to his first Argyle match and he picked Macca as his MOTM for the shift he put in and his determination to have a go at defenders. He also picked out Berry and Cowan Hall as having good games as well as being impressed by Harvey's composure and touch when he came on. I would add Gurrieri to the list as he was our most creative player and repeatedly probing with clever balls that weren't always picked up on. Added to that Andres spent much of the match carrying out ballboys' duties trying to chivvy Bradford up at goalkicks and throwins.
GA - I would have estimated 300 - were quiet but supportive as it was obvious the players were giving 100%. Bradford's song when they came out was truly dreadful and went on and on and on.
Came away thinking there is still hope and wondering what Madjo has done wrong not to be selected.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Came away thinking there is still hope and wondering what Madjo has done wrong not to be selected.
Hope is not enough - we are approaching half way of the season and we are in trouble - real trouble. Now Barnet and Aldershot are finding some form. I actually checked prior to the game who the teams beneath were playing - then thought ''this is crazy in November''

Mad Joe - ???????

Nov 18, 2011
The difference between the number 9's was extraordinary. Our defense couldn't cope with James Hanson, especially in the first half, it was he who used his strength too create the goal for them and he won nearly every header. Meanwhile Chadders did try but he only started winning headers when he started dropping deeper which meant they weren't so effective.

The switch the 442 midway through the first half helped as we nullified their 442 and it helped to quieten down the previously rampant Bradford side.

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
briangreen":35z95xad said:
Thanks for the report, sounds pretty much as I've heard from others.
Good that Tyler Harvey got minutes on the pitch and sounds like Chadders is coming alive a little bit.
I really want to see Nelson & Richards start the next game, Max needs to warm the bench for a while according to my mate who was there. What was your opinion on his performance?

It was the worst I've seen Blanchard play. He seems to have perfected running over to his left and smashing the ball out of a throw in though!

I don't know whether it was because Bradford had an excellent (and tall) centre forward who was dominant in the air, but Blanchard seemed outclassed.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Have I missed what Madjo has done to be snubbed? At least he's looked like a threat at times. :crazy:

Oct 4, 2003
Plymouth
Hell. I didn't even realise we were playing last night until I came in here and saw that we'd lost! My enthusiasm for Arygle is at rock bottom lately, there was a time I based my entire life around fixtures and games, whether I was going or not I'd be rooted to a radio.