Brief Synopsis | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
First half very poor. Chadwick alone up front an looked isolated. Wingers and Andres struggling to hold position which meant we had no width whatsoever. Goal was a poor one to concede, anyone who can toe poke a ball on a straight line would have scored it. Amazed it was only 1-0 at half time. Late chance right at the end was only time we came near to scoring.

2nd much better. More width better balls to Chadwick using his height. Still begging for a striker though. McDonald missed an amazing chance early on but went wide. Chadwick forced Matt Duke to make good save but was from a tight angle. Bradford were threatening occasionally, only one decent save needed from Gilmarten though. We threatened a little towards the end but we just can't get shots on target.

Didn't understand the subs or the timing of the subs. Fletcher needs to sort it out now, or go.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Back in the hotel and on the basis of the first-half performance I wished I had stayed there. Awful game where Bradford were superior based on the fact they had some attacking options. I'm not blaming Chadwick necessarily - the majority of the forward passes were just hopeful. After their goal Macca went up front behind Chadwick and I'm sure it took Gurreri several minutes to realise the change had been made - we certainly had a huge hole in right midfield for quite a while.

Bradford certainly deserved their lead and possibly more, but oddly we had the clearest opportunity of the half when Lowry should have done better from close range just before half-time.

then the same again just after half-time. Probably the second best clear cut chance fell to Macca who did well to hold off his man but shot powerfully beyond the far post. At this point we had a 10 minute spell where we got at them, but flattered to deceive as our attacks became more desperate.

The most pleasing thing was the cameo of young Harvey. Showed agility and a really neat touch, though also played a bit too deep for me.

MoM ? Hard to choose. Possibly Gilmartin given he couldn't be blamed for the goal and made one good save in the 2nd half.

Real concerns were the first-half where many seemed to be going through the motions - it just seemed to lack any spirit. Half-time must have helped because the desire improved in the second-half, but sadly the same improvement in quality was fleeting.

Finally, I had the dubious pleasure of two neutral Yorkshiremen behind me (Leeds ??). They bemoaned the fact they chose this game over Rotherham, vowed never to come and watch Plymouth again and were particularly scathing of Blanchard's hoofing and Chadwick in general. I always think neutral opinions are revealing....

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Frank_Butcher":16bbjop9 said:
Finally, I had the dubious pleasure of two neutral Yorkshiremen behind me (Leeds ??). They bemoaned the fact they chose this game over Rotherham, vowed never to come and watch Plymouth again and were particularly scathing of Blanchard's hoofing and Chadwick in general. I always think neutral opinions are revealing....
Whilst neutral opinions are good, regular supporters do have the advantage of having seen players at their best and worst, everyone has good and bad days at the end of the day.

Frank Butcher

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
GreenMatt":qowsf7ur said:
Frank_Butcher":qowsf7ur said:
Whilst neutral opinions are good, regular supporters do have the advantage of having seen players at their best and worst, everyone has good and bad days at the end of the day.

Perhaps. But I didn't disagree with anything they had to say to each other.

Aug 10, 2006
yes we were a bit better second half but at the end of the day it's another loss,less than 1 goal a game says it all and i see cureton scored again for them did we talk to him in the summer or not if not why not ffs. PS BRENT SACK FLETCHER.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
SurreyGreen":sysn512u said:
See the guy who smashed his seat after macca missed that chance? I think he was made to pay for it!
The stewards were getting right arsey about feet on seats tonight. At one point a steward went half way along a row, blocking people's view, just to tell someone to take their feet down!

Frank Butcher

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
greengenes":1h2cvxh7 said:
Don't look at the alex macca tweet then

Well of course I just did :)

I'm not sure about 'deserved' but certainly 'could have'. His chance - and Lowry's - were definitely good ones and so on that basis he could be right.

Then again, I felt there were two poor sides out there so it possibly doesn't say that much.

Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for the report, sounds pretty much as I've heard from others.
Good that Tyler Harvey got minutes on the pitch and sounds like Chadders is coming alive a little bit.
I really want to see Nelson & Richards start the next game, Max needs to warm the bench for a while according to my mate who was there. What was your opinion on his performance?