Brief Synopsis!!! (Cambridge) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Cambridge)

Mar 14, 2009
Tugboat":b30is43o said:
I’m a little perplexed.

Whilst I’d admit it wasn’t a master piece of football it certainly wasn’t as bad as some are making out.

Maybe the standards have gone up that much?

Maybe.

It's about opinions.

For example, some say that was a good first half performance. However, we simply didn't get enough shots away and test their keeper.

I think we look disjointed. We don't have someone to be the orchestrator. We could remove a forward and put Cooper there to be this guy. However, my concern is how rigid we are with this 3-5-2 formation.

My real concern though is the way we give the ball away in stupid positions.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We didn’t test their keeper enough today, but in all fairness Cambridge came for the point and were well drilled at the back. We’ve had a lot of games lately and that possibly explains our lethargy in the second half & lack of sharpness. 7 day break now. We’ll go again.

May 28, 2019
i do not know how some on here can write long reports on this game, are you bored? talking of bored, the game , 0-0, two toothless teams, most excitement was watching a seagull with a pasty in its beak, being chased by another thirty seagulls, god he had some moves and pace,,there you go ,short and sweet

Jun 27, 2019
greybeard-kernow":138dzlka said:
i do not know how some on here can write long reports on this game, are you bored? talking of bored, the game , 0-0, two toothless teams, most excitement was watching a seagull with a pasty in its beak, being chased by another thirty seagulls, god he had some moves and pace,,there you go ,short and sweet

:lol:

Sign him up!

Jul 18, 2011
Steve Evans":ay5c63ds said:
i couldn't enjoy this match as i had a drunken,adult,immature yob sitting next to me screaming the F word all afternoon. :furious:

If you will keep taking your Mum to the match what do you expect...

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
We dominated the first half but not enough attempts on goal! Second half was poor and Bakinson should have been subbed he was poor up at Macclesfield too. SARS had a poor game, I thought Mayor was our best player

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Very frustrating to watch. A game which we were sleepwalking to just the one point.

Cambridge offered nothing. Call it good if you think so, but I thought Cambridge were a disappointment considering their recent form.

Regarding their penalty shout - I didn't think so. The guy was running into the by line and thought is best to stop and attract some contact from behind from Canavan. The guy was way too wide to call it a chance to score so even if it was a penalty, it would not have been a red card in my opinion.

I didn't think our shout was a penalty either.

I thought the decision to bring on Telford was a mistake. Edwards was not forcing the pace on the right side, preferring to go back or side ways and never taking a player on. For me the better choice would be to have brought Hardie on for Edwards and put Moore at wide right.

We huffed and puffed but lacked pace and urgency. It was as if the team thought we would eventually score, so no need to panic.

Sawyer MoM for a great first 70 minutes but then even his passing turned sloppy.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Metal_Green_Mickey":129azr3w said:
Tugboat":129azr3w said:
I’m a little perplexed.

Whilst I’d admit it wasn’t a master piece of football it certainly wasn’t as bad as some are making out.

Maybe.

It's about opinions.

For example, some say that was a good first half performance. However, we simply didn't get enough shots away and test their keeper.

I think we look disjointed. We don't have someone to be the orchestrator. We could remove a forward and put Cooper there to be this guy. However, my concern is how rigid we are with this 3-5-2 formation.

Agree with dropping a striker for a ‘in the hole’ midfielder. We need someone on the edge of the box for second ball pickups from crosses.

We had a game plan of wing play and balls in the box but it was all to easily defended.

If grants out for the next game then Edwards has to fill in at CDM. Move Moore WB and Telford up front.

Randell in CM

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
For a variety of reasons my first view of the 'new' Argyle. Quite a change in style and the passing from the back was well executed for a league 2 side. Some of the passing was exceptional but unfortunately there was no end product...some poor quality headers and the team was shot shy. Sometimes you've got to be speculative and take a first time shot...it might miss but then again...

Sawyer was outstanding, I lost count of the times he provided the outlet for Palmer. Sarcevic was good sporadically, Bakinson was interesting, there is a good player in there but he's a little slow off the mark and can be awkward on the ball...he just seems a little off the pace. We don't have a forward of real presence and power and Cambridge had no real problems containing us, they came with a plan and it worked. I think we are almost a very good team, but it was very reminiscent of Arsenal towards the end of Wenger's reign...we flatter to deceive. Still...Exeter lost, so points gained!

Aug 2, 2011
Yet another boring Saturday pm at Home Park. Usual story of possession football with zero capability of scoring goals. Only frustration greater than the toothless football was the endless top of the voice 20 something year old seated two rows behind spouted for all 90 plus minutes. At 11.00am I said to the wife I am not going unless the weather improves sadly it did and so I ended up watching a pretty futile game of football. Credit to Cambridge they came and did a job on us. We are woefully short of any form of killer instinct.

Feb 23, 2008
Only seen it the once but not so sure Canavan nearly gave away a penalty, he'd had a push in the back on him as the ball came down by Mullin, they were grappling into the box and Mullin picked his opportune time to fall over, didn't see any more than Canavan giving as good as he got.

Mar 14, 2009
Tugboat":3sfqhifv said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3sfqhifv said:
Tugboat":3sfqhifv said:
I’m a little perplexed.

Maybe.

It's about opinions.

Agree with dropping a striker for a ‘in the hole’ midfielder. We need someone on the edge of the box for second ball pickups from crosses.

We had a game plan of wing play and balls in the box but it was all to easily defended.

If grants out for the next game then Edwards has to fill in at CDM. Move Moore WB and Telford up front.

Randell in CM

I think playing 3-5-1-1 solves some of the issues we have.

It allows us to retain the 3ATB.

It allows Cooper into the side where he can roam around the pitch.

It gives us more strength and options to pass in midfield.

Having two forwards currently in the team isn't benifitting this team as we don't hold onto pocession in areas of danger against opposition. Its OK stroking the ball around at the back but its not hurting anyone.

Having said all this Lowe hasn't changed formation for the start of games and l doubt will do it now.

You need so many decent technical players on the ball to execute this playing style and unfortunately as a team l don't think we just have those key positions sorted.

For example, Joe Edwards. I think he was brought in at the start of the season to play that CDM role and for whatever reason he isn't now the preferred option there. Now he is at RWB. He does an OK job there but all season we have lacked that creavity down that side like we do on the left.

This is why Lowe has done a decent job. That squad he has made play football and played a style the reverse of Adams style of football.

I hope should we fail to get promoted this season people stick with him. The philosophy isn't a bad one. It's just the execution as we seen today.

May 1, 2011
Tugboat":fwmkde6z said:
I’m a little perplexed.

We only had 1 shot on target all afternoon.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
greybeard-kernow":2yto7bjm said:

No formation, no discipline...all chasing the one with the pasty...couldn't even take advantage when he dropped the ruddy thing!