Brick clean up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brick clean up

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've asked the question of Jamie Yabsley via text yesterday. No reply yet, but I will get one.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone remember how much a brick cost last time?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":2l4uoocx said:
I think I paid £35 for mine.

Cheers Ian.. has yours got many text characters on it?

Jan 20, 2004
Daz":3hs5bm9q said:
From memory this has been suggested over the years a few times. I think it was something to do with the bricks breaking up if they are moved?

They appear to be engraved standard block paving bricks, so unless they have been set in concrete or any other bonding they should be robust enough to be moved quite easily by hand.

I think when we bought them we were told it was a temporary location. But I can understand anyone responsible for their future now might grasp at any reason to avoid the cost of moving them.

Aug 26, 2011
The bricks are good quality and correctly Laid in sand. They need a careful clean and some of the lettering needs touching up and repainting - relatively small number

The edging bricks which were set in cement mortar have suffered decay - probably sulphate attack and expansion of the mortars

Won’t be moved - too many and too costly I suspect

Jan 20, 2004
Would definitely buy more bricks, been a few more green blooded rug rats added to the tribe since (not my doing may I add)

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
TynanWozGr8":6a07mdfl said:
The bricks are good quality and correctly Laid in sand. They need a careful clean and some of the lettering needs touching up and repainting - relatively small number

The edging bricks which were set in cement mortar have suffered decay - probably sulphate attack and expansion of the mortars

Won’t be moved - too many and too costly I suspect
They were power washed clean a couple of weeks ago

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Mike E":17m7z0hf said:
Would definitely buy more bricks, been a few more green blooded rug rats added to the tribe since (not my doing may I add)

It's definitely something the club should look into even if it was to part fund the corners to be filled in to push the capacity up to 20k and complete the stadium. I'd purchase a couple more for sure.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d definitely buy at least 2 bricks.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
If the bricks were laid vertically you would have to take into consideration the height of the structure.As in a supermarket , the optimum place is at eye level .Those with bricks at the top or the very bottom may feel they have been disadvantaged in some way . However these problems are not insurmountable.

Aug 26, 2011
Some of the lettering had eroded and needed touching in - power washing was not part of the spec and may have washed out more