Brent abuse | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent abuse

Jan 27, 2012
I’m not a Brent arse kisser like some people on this forum, but nor do I support shouting at or intimidating people who have got involved with the club and devoted time and energy to it. Unfortunately Argyle has its fair share of dopey fans- some of whom are highly embarrassing.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
gaspargomez":1ua1o5zz said:
I’m not a Brent arse kisser like some people on this forum, but nor do I support shouting at or intimidating people who have got involved with the club and devoted time and energy to it. Unfortunately Argyle has its fair share of dopey fans- some of whom are highly embarrassing.

Dopey. no way. just passionate fans who don't like to witness their team losing every week....

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
loyal1970":1bon1cgy said:
Carl Barnard":1bon1cgy said:
Was behind this, it’s part of the game sadly. I believe Brent said to someone if you buy me out let’s see how you will do.
well i would not give a manager a 5 year contract in the 3rd division, still not long now until he is no longer chairman thank f..k

Well done you...

Jul 6, 2009
It was right in front of me as I walked out. Mr Brent kept his dignity and smiled calmly throughout. The elderly gentleman was frustrated but right at the end of the game is not the best time for rational thoughts. I was surprised to find James Brent there to be honest, with this bloke one side of him and cocky Blackpool fans the other.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Not the biggest JB fan but there’s a time, place or at least a manner in which to express such discontent. Embarrassing.

Jul 25, 2011
skynet":2n2ybrzn said:
It was right in front of me as I walked out. Mr Brent kept his dignity and smiled calmly throughout. The elderly gentleman was frustrated but right at the end of the game is not the best time for rational thoughts. I was surprised to find James Brent there to be honest, with this bloke one side of him and cocky Blackpool fans the other.
Considering Blackpool fans get successfully sued by their own chairman for chatting poo on their own fans forum I wouldn’t of thought they’d have too much of a high platform to gloat from?

Oct 16, 2016
Interesting to hear what constitutes ‘abuse’, swearing, vitriol etc yes I get that but a raised voiced of opinion, is that abuse?

We live in a world now where if your opinion doesn’t match the crowd you’re a troll, or a WUM.
There are lines but they are certainly blurred nowadays

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Shankster":3dlaqd0h said:
Interesting to hear what constitutes ‘abuse’, swearing, vitriol etc yes I get that but a raised voiced of opinion, is that abuse?

We live in a world now where if your opinion doesn’t match the crowd you’re a troll, or a WUM.

It's quite simple really.

If you're disgruntled about the performances and you get annoyed with the team and shout something/write something online that's your opinion and that should be respected.

It's the point where you start targeting that at an individual, squaring off with them or spamming them with insults and threats then that's abuse.

Saying a player is rubbish on PASOTI is a lot different to phoning that player or posting all over their twitter account or shouting at them with their family present.

Oct 16, 2016
Willis88":36pwofy3 said:
Shankster":36pwofy3 said:

It's quite simple really.

If you're disgruntled about the performances and you get annoyed with the team and shout something/write something online that's your opinion and that should be respected.

It's the point where you start targeting that at an individual, squaring off with them or spamming them with insults and threats then that's abuse.

Saying a player is rubbish on PASOTI is a lot different to phoning that player or posting all over their twitter account or shouting at them with their family present.

Was interesting that it’s suggeted that James had to suffer the
indignity of walking around the stadium like the plebs

I’ve always found him to be fairly approachable and level headed and not at all aloof tbf

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It wasn't 'abuse' and James said at the time it wasn't. There was no effing and jeffing, just a fan having his say on lack of investment on players etc.

I heard the man, at least twice, say the words 'This is nothing personal Mr Brent'. Not even a 1 on the abuse scale I would say.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
There might be a case for the Chairman / Directors to leave the Lindy early to avoid any harsh words, or alternatively, waiting for the crowds to disperse first. This however could give the opportunity for fans 'to have a go' at him whilst they are sitting awaiting their exit. It provides opportunity just like what happened to the West Ham Directors last season. Let's hope the wheel turns, and supporters can leave the ground it happier frames of mind

Sep 6, 2006
Quintrell_Green":1gkzl8sl said:
There might be a case for the Chairman / Directors to leave the Lindy early to avoid any harsh words, or alternatively, waiting for the crowds to disperse first. This however could give the opportunity for fans 'to have a go' at him whilst they are sitting awaiting their exit. It provides opportunity just like what happened to the West Ham Directors last season. Let's hope the wheel turns, and supporters can leave the ground it happier frames of mind

Perhaps he should sit with the away fans. They are usually quite happy!

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2fzg9m4k said:
Quintrell_Green":2fzg9m4k said:

Perhaps he should sit with the away fans. They are usually quite happy!

Hilarious...