Brendan on administration... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brendan on administration...

D

Damon.Lenszner

Good read baba - just like to add that the legal advice came from Hinchcliffe, the very epitome of the shyster lawyer.

And dont forget Ridsdales 'i have saved the club - the money has been secured' speech from the steps of the devonport.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Just my opinion but it went wrong for them the moment Heaney gobbed off at Abi (spelling?), the Mastpoint investor who had the cash. Suppose we can be thankful the ginger tw@t has got a big mouth!

A

Anonymous

Hinchcliff was seen to be the 'puppetmaster' before and throughout our Administration period. He is an acknowledged legal expert in football finance and an expert in dealing with pressing creditors, particularly HMRC. He has been involved with Crystal Palace, Leeds United, Bradford Bulls among many others with one obvious professional linkage

He was the one that engineered the Notice of Administration before the Board bowed to the inevitable appointment of Guilfoyle. He was responsible for the Exclusivity Agreement, the subsequent Sale and Purchase agreement, confirmed the 'proof of funding' and advised Guilfoyle to lie (which he admitted at the Guildhall). He was probably also responsible for the statement that Peter Ridsdale faithfully read out word perfect on the steps of the Devonport.

His dismissive arrogance, particularly towards the fans, was particularly irksome during the early days of the Administration. Thankfully, at one particularly hostile meeting with Guilfoyle and Ridsdale he was suitably 'put back in his box'. Funnily enough after that he was rarely seen swaggering along the corridors of Home Park - preferring instead to pull the strings via his Blackberry and the comfort of his more familiar Yorkshire surroundings.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Are you thinking of the 'I want you outside' meeting Graham?

I wonder how Ed's book is coming along?

A

Anonymous

Exactly that, Damon. Folklore has it that it was your moment of glory! As for Edd's book I wonder if his well deserved elevation in the ranks of the Herald may have had an impact upon his time to complete it.

Jul 29, 2010
No amount of fingerpointing at Hinchcliffe of course diminishes one iota from the behaviour of Guilfoyle or Ridsdale. They keep using Hinchcliffe so have had multiple opportunities to distance themselves from him but actively chose to associate with him repeatedly. To me that puts them in exactly the same bracket.

I mean, that whole "i had no idea, I was advised to say that" episode when caught out lying. Why would you ever employ/associate with someone who made you look that stupid again?

No, thick as thieves, all of 'em.

Oct 24, 2010
Babararacucudada":3bryr2sg said:
Either my memory is faulty or there are a number of factual inaccuracies in the blog:-

Ridsdale did not appoint P and A, that could only have been done by the directors at the time.

Ridsdale's club for a £1 deal was brokered by BIL, not Guilfoyle.

The ground was split from the club by James Brent, not Guilfoyle

The ground was not sold at a knock down price by James Brent but in accordance with a council commissioned valuation

Guilfoyle's concerns about splitting the ground from a club are based on the opportunity for selling the ground for housing etc. This was never possible here because of the protective covenant.

Players were sold to either stave off HMRC or to fund the administration. The term asset stripping implies someone made a profit out of it, no one did.

Ridsdale's relationship with P and A was that of a paid consultant to run the club during administration anything else is pure conjecture.

Also, neither Guilfoyle, Ridsdale, Heaney or Hinchcliffe, come to that ,ever cheated HMRC or any other creditor out of money,that would be the previous board of directors.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
X Isle":mv07ch5n said:
That post was brought to you by our friends at the flat earth society :doh:

'Players were sold to either stave off HMRC or to fund the administration'

yes because the funding of the administration was completely beyond question wasn't it!? it had to be done so players were only sold to meet the necessary expenses?

no query re the size of the fees? how long administration was dragged out whilst fees mounted? no suggestion that Brent was 'overlooked' and Heaney preferred so that the administration went on longer than it should have?

we've had all these 'discussions' ad infinitum but as X suggests: I am not ever going to accept that Guilfoyle was a top administrator, who performed admirably and had no other agendas, same goes for Ridsdale.

'flat earth' is a good analogy cos that lot nearly took us over the edge. Thank god for Galileo Brent!!