Brenda has 'signed off' all of the players. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brenda has 'signed off' all of the players.

Aug 26, 2009
Plympton
I can assure you that I am not trying to bemoan your efforts IJN - quite the opposite. I am just not sure whether this means the players are registered with the league now, and can play against the Shrews. If not, we have made no progress at all, and somebody might be 'planting' non information for your informant.

G

GreenArmy1986

I heard the same thing today as well from a close friend who works at argyle and he has told be alot of things that have come true like who the sponsors were going to be a few days before it was announced so I trust him.

A

Anonymous

victor":3gk8z6js said:
I can assure you that I am not trying to bemoan your efforts IJN - quite the opposite. I am just not sure whether this means the players are registered with the league now, and can play against the Shrews. If not, we have made no progress at all, and somebody might be 'planting' non information for your informant.

No mate, all I think it means is that they are ours (for what period of time, I don't know, it might only be a month) so other clubs can't pinch them from us.

I'll move it (with an arrow) to Rumours now, as Arch Stanton or Greenblood79 will be on to accuse me of abusing my Mod powers. :greensmile:

P

Paul_Roberts

We are allowed a squad of 20 registered players while in administration. If Brenda has rubberstamped the signing of our new recruits, then league registration will be a formality regardless of the ownership situation.

That's to the best of my knowledge anyway.

P

Paul_Roberts

From a BBC story earlier this month...

The club (Argyle) can sign up to 20 players while they are in administration, provided they can pay their wages.

Presumably Brenda is happy with Ridsdale's budget - which is curious considering season ticket sales have fallen a couple of thousand short of PR's target.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Paul_Roberts":2gb9yeho said:
which is curious considering season ticket sales have fallen a couple of thousand short of PR's target.

They haven't yet fallen short as they are still on sale. It is just coming up to payday so maybe there will be a few more sold this weekend.

R

Rupert

IJN":2ci0rl87 said:
victor":2ci0rl87 said:

No mate, all I think it means is that they are ours (for what period of time, I don't know, it might only be a month) so other clubs can't pinch them from us.

I'll move it (with an arrow) to Rumours now, as Arch Stanton or Greenblood79 will be on to accuse me of abusing my Mod powers. :greensmile:

It's on the back pages of the WMN and the Herald tomorrow. Still, probably best to leave it here for now...

:roll:

M

Marcus The Green

If what Paul said about the registered players is correct, Guilfoyle signing off the players probably indicates that we will still be in administration after the start of the season. Would tie in with the date of the completion not being until the 12th of August.

P

Paul_Roberts

Argylegames":mjmzu0t0 said:
Paul_Roberts":mjmzu0t0 said:
which is curious considering season ticket sales have fallen a couple of thousand short of PR's target.

They haven't yet fallen short as they are still on sale. It is just coming up to payday so maybe there will be a few more sold this weekend.

They've fallen short in the context of this news from Ian. PR can't include future sales in his budget - because they obviously don't exist yet (though I wouldn't put it past him).

M

Marcus The Green

Paul_Roberts":1sg3kucu said:
They've fallen short in the context of this news from Ian. PR can't include future sales in his budget - because they obviously don't exist yet (though I wouldn't put it past him).

No but I reckon he would have included them in his business plan to the Football League.

A

Anonymous

Under the Football League rules players have to be registered to play for the club. (s40 of the rules). This can be on a non-contract basis (s56) or on a monthly contract (s59). This may give a clue to the level of liability that Brendan Guilfoyle has incurred by 'signing off' the players. If he does not do this then we cannot fulfill our fixtures in League 2. Simple as!.

For those interested the link is below

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regula ... 2125731#54

L

Lord Tisdale

IJN":2c1od2lx said:
victor":2c1od2lx said:

Por..I mean Ian, does that mean he is paying them, or do they still have to sign a deferral?

.....it is end of the month tomorrow

A

Anonymous

You can call me Porky if you want madam, you're amongst friends here.

I've no idea is the answer, I simply passed on the info' I was given.

I bleddy wish I hadn't now! :greensmile: