Boro Fan Protest vs. Argyle on Saturday | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Boro Fan Protest vs. Argyle on Saturday

Sep 13, 2003
I must admit, I"m amazed that no-one has mentioned the extortionate prices for the game on Saturday.....£31 for Middlesbrough away! We must be the in lowest category bracket surely ? How does it cost when Sunderland are in town ?

Totally with the Middlesbrough fans on this one.

Jun 27, 2019
Do walkouts ever happen?
On 30 minutes we might find ourselves 3-0 down, will any Borough fans leave if that’s the case?
I remember there was one at Carlisle back in (I think) our 2001-02 title-winning season. Though it wasn't a walk-out as such, instead the home fans protested outside while the first-half was going on and then came into the ground at halftime.

This is the only reference to it I can find: https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport...rlisle-utd-supporters-who-boycott-efl-trophy/

Aug 29, 2008
I remember there was one at Carlisle back in (I think) our 2001-02 title-winning season. Though it wasn't a walk-out as such, instead the home fans protested outside while the first-half was going on and then came into the ground at halftime.

This is the only reference to it I can find: https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport...rlisle-utd-supporters-who-boycott-efl-trophy/
That was a great day out. They walked around the outside of the ground. Every time they walked past the away end, we were chanting Knighton out along with them. Seem to remember the fans in the ground clapped us off when we beat them too.

I also remember having a "Sheppard's pie pie" after the game. A pie in a pie. Genius.

Bickleistheking

✅ Evergreen
May 4, 2023
Could someone explain to me, why are clubs selling season tickets for next season when for some they don’t know what division they will be playing. Wednesday were selling them at Christmas and others are selling early as well.
If you need next years money to keep your head above water or your trying to balance the books for FFP then your in the Pooh.
thank god we have our board and owner.👏🏼👏🏼

Feb 2, 2019
Gibson is still the owner. Does look like they are struggling financially. Supporters are asking where funds have gone from players sold, etc. Early bird window has also been reduced which indicates they need the income to comply somewhere with something. All in all it doesn’t look good and is another example of why we should count our blessings that Hallett runs such a tight ship.

Reactions: Bickleistheking

lien60

✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
Rumour has it that Boro fans are planning a walkout on 30mins this Saturday. Protest about season ticket pricing. Not sure how reliable this is but a few people have mentioned this to me in work. Any little advantage so I can walk in to work on Monday and not face too much (friendly) abuse 😀

https://fmttmboro.com/index.php?threads/red-faction-walking-out-on-30th-minute.55698/

Mods - feel free to move in in wrong forum!
I look forward to seeing there fans doing this on saturday

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I must admit, I"m amazed that no-one has mentioned the extortionate prices for the game on Saturday.....£31 for Middlesbrough away! We must be the in lowest category bracket surely ? How does it cost when Sunderland are in town ?

Totally with the Middlesbrough fans on this one.
I think their categories are quite simple, they have a weekend price and a midweek price, but with only a couple of £ difference. So we would be in the top bracket with it being a weekend.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
That was a great day out. They walked around the outside of the ground. Every time they walked past the away end, we were chanting Knighton out along with them. Seem to remember the fans in the ground clapped us off when we beat them too.

I also remember having a "Sheppard's pie pie" after the game. A pie in a pie. Genius.
That'll be a "Growler". Meat and tattie pies.

When I lived in Workington, they were standard fare for the early starts. 6.30 at the bakehouse!

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
To be fair I thought our player walked out after 30 mins tonight. Well might as well have done

Reactions: Leo's Grandad