Biggest moment of the season? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Biggest moment of the season?

May 11, 2019
Lowe bringing back Luke Jephcott from Truro, I don’t think anyone was expecting him back or the impact he would have, I was disappointed when he went to Truro and thought it was going to be another youngster underachieving.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Actually looking at it again under the average points per game system that the EFL will now use that miss by Porter is crucial.
Crewe might have won the game and won the League Two title, we would have lost 3 points and under the average points per game Cheltenham would finish above us and finish in third place.

Mar 29, 2020
Away to Crewe for me....1st game of the season 3-0 win and then a lot of fans thought Promotion...well they were all right... :scarf:

May 8, 2011
April 1971":fblvhooe said:
Lowe bringing back Luke Jephcott from Truro, I don’t think anyone was expecting him back or the impact he would have, I was disappointed when he went to Truro and thought it was going to be another youngster underachieving.

The work done by Paul Wotton and his team down at Truro in getting Jephcott’s confidence back should not be underestimated.
It did make me chuckle when Lowe was quoted as saying 3 days after being recalled that when Jephcott came back he was different class, surely Lowe would know he never went away but like all the players out on loan actually train with Argyle most days and play in the Central League and Premier Cup games.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
HC Green":2m1qjahs said:
April 1971":2m1qjahs said:

The work done by Paul Wotton and his team down at Truro in getting Jephcott’s confidence back should not be underestimated.
It did make me chuckle when Lowe was quoted as saying 3 days after being recalled that when Jephcott came back he was different class, surely Lowe would know he never went away but like all the players out on loan actually train with Argyle most days and play in the Central League and Premier Cup games.

Surely HC Green would know that Luke Jephcott was regularly away playing for Truro and when he came back he was no longer away playing for Truro but as HC would also know Jephcott was much improved on his return, oh how I chuckle at HC's deliberate attempts to belittle Lowe all because he isn't DA :lol:

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
My feeling is that the biggest moment of the season hasn't happened yet. It will be the EFL vote that finally sorts out the mess of promotion/relegation/play-offs and decides whether Argyle actually go up or don't.

Sep 6, 2006
DartingtonPilgrim":2yxdw1q7 said:
HC Green":2yxdw1q7 said:
April 1971":2yxdw1q7 said:

Surely HC Green would know that Luke Jephcott was regularly away playing for Truro and when he came back he was no longer away playing for Truro but as HC would also know Jephcott was much improved on his return, oh how I chuckle at HC's deliberate attempts to belittle Lowe all because he isn't DA :lol:

Indeed. Quite sad. Also doesnt make sense. Crediting Wotton then saying he was at HP most of the time. :crazy:

Jan 2, 2019
The biggest moment of the season was denied us. It would have been the final whistle after spanking that mob from up the Expressway 5-0 on national telly.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
WoodfordWall":3dd6bh8f said:
The biggest moment of the season was denied us. It would have been the final whistle after spanking that mob from up the Expressway 5-0 on national telly.

The 30 yarder from Toni in the top left corner in front of the Dem'port that made it 5 and we'll never see.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
There are so many moments in a season that choosing one as a defining moment is an exercise in pot luck. So I will choose my favourite game. Away at Crewe. Hot day. Shorts and polo. Train up from Hereford with my son. Met an old Uni mate who joined us from Sale and couldn’t get over the size of the Green Army. A good game with two good sides and a 3 goal dose of optimism and joy. Such a contrast to the previous season. I’m taking that as the day that set us up to, EFL board permitting, head onwards towards promotion.

Apr 20, 2013
MickyD":2aovjeye said:
My feeling is that the biggest moment of the season hasn't happened yet. It will be the EFL vote that finally sorts out the mess of promotion/relegation/play-offs and decides whether Argyle actually go up or don't.

That’s a very good point

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Pilgrimouth":1n2i4kwo said:
MickyD":1n2i4kwo said:

That’s a very good point

:iagree:

Some of the matchday moments mentioned are amongst the most enjoyable moments, or in the case of being mullered by Exececeter - most influential moments; but that meeting and vote last week and the yet to come 'ratification' of our promotion must be the biggest moments. :scarf:

I must say I'm impressed how Exececeter (yet again!) managed to snatch failure from the jaws of success!! :whistle:

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
The day we signed Alex Palmer on loan......voted No1 League Two keeper of the season.