Best England x11 in your lifetime | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best England x11 in your lifetime

Mar 24, 2019
Since the late 80s
Shilton
Walker. Ferdinand. Adams. Cole

Gascoigne. Robson. Bellingham

Beckham. Kane. Barnes

Aug 14, 2014
I will stick with 4/4/2 but f del compelled to give alternatives for each position.
Gk. Banks and Shilton.
Rb. Neville and Reaney
Cb. Butcher and Terry
Cb. Ferdinand and Beattie
Lb. Coe and Wilson
Rm. Beckham and Bell
Cm. Scholes and Gascoigne
Cm. Madeley and Robson
Lm. Barnes and Charlton
S1. Rooney and Greaves
S2. Shearer and Kane

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
I will stick with 4/4/2 but f del compelled to give alternatives for each position.
Gk. Banks and Shilton.
Rb. Neville and Reaney
Cb. Butcher and Terry
Cb. Ferdinand and Beattie
Lb. Coe and Wilson
Rm. Beckham and Bell
Cm. Scholes and Gascoigne
Cm. Madeley and Robson
Lm. Barnes and CharltR
Hats off for Reaney 3caps was a joke

Last edited:

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
This is a fun thread. Every post raises another name I have to go back over my team selection and consider.

Then there are the players I suddenly think about that haven’t had an airing yet. Colin Bell. Chris waddle. Ian wright. Johnny Haynes Alan ball who again only so far makes the all World Cup XI

It can’t be long till We have the all time worst XI thread

Dec 30, 2020
First tournament I watched was Euro 96 but I've only picked players from the 2000s onwards when I was old enough to have some understanding of what was going on

Martyn (none of the goalkeepers have been much good so might as well have a Cornishman)

Trippier
Cole
Ferdinand
Campbell

Hargreaves
Beckham

Gerrard
Scholes
Sterling

Kane

Have tried to pick a proper formation with players in their proper position (can just about get away with Beckham hitting long passes from centre mid and Gerrard cutting in from out wide). Harsh on Rooney and Owen but I think Kane was better, certainly in major tournaments.

Got to say, I think pretty much every big football country could pick a miles better team over the same period. Outstanding defence but only Kane of the front 6 was truly world class.

In particular, we really seem to struggle with goalkeepers and creative/playmaking midfielders (either in the deep-lying Pirlo, Xabi Alonso role or Zidane/Ronaldinho-style number 10s).