Beat the Belgians | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Beat the Belgians

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We’ve got a very good first team, we’ve got a very average second string, nothing to really take from that game that we didn’t already know, we’ll have our strongest eleven back for the knockouts.

Im not a fan of this 532 system that southgate seems to have readopted from when managing
middlesboro/eng u23s.
To be fair it has worked in the last 4 games but they were against much weaker teams, all defensive.
What happened to the 3421 we qualified with? With 2 sitters and 2 no 10s floating around.
Shezza used 532. Kev hodges before him. Old school boring crap.
Time to ditch please mr southgate.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Clive Tyldesley. Complete prat. Tries to gloss everything as if it was planned. Kept intimating that England were somehow trying to lose to arrange a quarter final against Sweden or Switzerland, as if Rashford deliberately missed that chance.
A. Colombia will be rubbing their hands
B. Didn't Switzerland draw with Brazil? Didn't Sweden smash Mexico?

Lose to Colombia and it'll be another dreadful tournament with a scraped win against Tunisia and a win by 5 against Panama to show for it.

Croatia the best team in the qualifying group.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge":3gstvh5a said:
First half showed just how overrated Eric Dier is, Henderson is the far, far better player.

Totally agree. Pointless player. Rolls it 5 yards to another player then points at where they should pass it

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i haven't watched an england match in its entirety since italia 90.how i wish i didn't just watch that abject rubbish against belgium!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":2vhokh02 said:
Japan would have been easiest possible 2nd round draw

Agreed. Then if they have to play Brazil then they have to play Brazil. Switzerland gave Brazil a game but apparently all these itv pundits reckon we'll breeze past Colombia and Switzerland or Sweden will be a doddle. Poor deluded English overconfidence and sense of self worth. In football as in politics

Jul 24, 2009
Funny one which tournaments can throw up. Don’t think the team that went out tonight didn’t try to win. Who knows whether making 8 changes was the right thing to do, Martinez made 9. If Rashford, for example, gets the winner later in the tournament helped by a run out tonight then it was the right thing to do.

The tournament is effectively two parts, we’re into the knockouts so as much or little chance as anyone.

Watched it in a pub in London which was rocking. Rightly or wrongly no one there was disheartened by the score.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Well it gave squad players the chance to push for a starting place in the knock-out games. Unfortunately, it seems to have done the exact opposite. Rashford (who I really like) had a mare - never seen him look so poor - and Loftus-Cheek strangely seemed to lack confidence when in good positions. The one exception was Vardy who I thought looked very bright in a low key disjointed team. He won the ball numerous times - darting in to nick it or forcing a hurried mistake - and he used the ball well, like the excellent pass to put Rashford clean thru' (only for him to blow it). Sadly for him he had bugger-all support.

Hmmmm........ now it really begins. Still very hopeful though.

Poor display, especially from those who were competing for a place in the team in the second round.

Rashford hasn't improved in two years since bursting onto the scene. Industrious, occasionally tricky, but remains on the periphery of many games for both England and Manchester United. Vardy and Sterling are both far more accomplished - Rashford may be useful as an impact sub but should never start.

Dier, who I think is decent for Tottenham, lived up to his name tonight. Loftus-Cheek is an elegant player who carries the ball well but he's more style over substance currently. Comparisons with Ballack are b*llocks.

We should play the same team against Colombia as we did against Tunisia. Our first team has been impressive but I worry about our strength in depth.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
A good performance against Colombia will we needed - they are a strong technical and physical side.

With some players probably ready to prove a point too!

But key players will be back and hopefully we can provide Kane with enough chances.

Then a good looking quarter final potentially.

But its England so something is bound to go wrong!

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":1pie4qjb said:
i haven't watched an england match in its entirety since italia 90.how i wish i didn't just watch that abject rubbish against belgium!

Strange one to choose then for your first full game since 90. Looked to me like a gentleman's agreement not to injure each other. No sliding tackles etc. No bookings? As much in the dark therefore re England's prospects as after Panama. However there are defensive uncetainties and Keeper looks dodgy. IF James is not fit we MAY be OK.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":2wd4mwrx said:
Steve Evans":2wd4mwrx said:

Strange one to choose then for your first full game since 90. Looked to me like a gentleman's agreement not to injure each other. No sliding tackles etc. No bookings? As much in the dark therefore re England's prospects as after Panama. However there are defensive uncetainties and Keeper looks dodgy. IF James is not fit we MAY be OK.
fair point balham.i was invited to a friends house to watch it and wanted to be sociable.i shan't be watching them again.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Once I saw the line ups announced I decided I wasn’t going out to watch a game between two teams who clearly weren’t bothered if they won or not. I guess it was akin to a pre season friendly or testimonial game?