Atmosphere | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Atmosphere

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I doubt whether a 32 piece orchestra playing with the Foo Fighters would create an atmosphere today.

The team didn't inspire any excitement really did they?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Conclusive proof that without a drum, the home park atmosphere is non existent. Don't give me the "the players didn't give the fans anything to shout about", it was dead at kick off.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I was forced into sitting in block 9 today and hardly anybody there even attempted to get behind the team vocally. People criticise the Devonport End but without them you would be able to hear a pin drop in HP.

Sep 6, 2006
Helston_Green":1dv1vc65 said:
lilcol":1dv1vc65 said:
Atmosphere is generated by the fare provided on the pitch, and there was precious little of that today.

In England yes, but look at other countries where the fans are non-stop regardless of action on the pitch. If only it was like that here, sadly a load of people around me seemed more intent on checking the progress of their accumulator than getting behind the team.

Really? So how many 3rd tier games have you seen abroad?

Sep 6, 2006
Fergy":2mh0y97r said:
I was forced into sitting in block 9 today and hardly anybody there even attempted to get behind the team vocally. People criticise the Devonport End but without them you would be able to hear a pin drop in HP.

Criticise the Devonport End for what?!

H

Helston_Green

Balham_Green":24dbsc1i said:
Helston_Green":24dbsc1i said:
lilcol":24dbsc1i said:
Atmosphere is generated by the fare provided on the pitch, and there was precious little of that today.

In England yes, but look at other countries where the fans are non-stop regardless of action on the pitch. If only it was like that here, sadly a load of people around me seemed more intent on checking the progress of their accumulator than getting behind the team.

Dynamo Dresden twice and St Pauli once. YouTube them then maybe you’ll understand my point. They’re both in the second tier now but have had spells in the third.

Sep 6, 2006
Helston_Green":1o1a5efv said:
Balham_Green":1o1a5efv said:
Helston_Green":1o1a5efv said:
lilcol":1o1a5efv said:

Dynamo Dresden twice and St Pauli once. YouTube them then maybe you’ll understand my point. They’re both in the second tier now but have had spells in the third.

So they are second tier. And not good examples of the typical 3rd tier experience.hMost 3rd tier games abroad get very small crowds. Even 2nd tier

H

Helston_Green

Balham_Green":2ah59i11 said:
Helston_Green":2ah59i11 said:
Balham_Green":2ah59i11 said:
Helston_Green":2ah59i11 said:
lilcol":2ah59i11 said:

So they are second tier. And not good examples of the typical 3rd tier experience.hMost 3rd tier games abroad get very small crowds. Even 2nd tier

You really don’t understand what I’m saying do you? I’m saying Dynamo’s atmosphere was superb even in the third tier, therefore some third tier crowds are boisterous and incessant. Also 40k attendance for Kaiserslautern against 1860 Munich in the Bundesliga 3 the other week. Granted Germany is on the whole the exception rather than the rule though.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
We moved over from the Grandstand into Block 10 and there was only a handful of people singing and chanting then giving up because it wasn’t getting picked up.

Aug 2, 2011
An appalling display from Argyle of misplaced passes, hoof ball, no shape, no movement off the ball. Is anyone surprised at the lack of atmosphere? I have had more interesting days watching ants in the garden at least they seem to know what they are doing.

We survived in a game because of Macey in goal yet beyond belief some posters on here thought he was poor - awarding him a 4!!!

On another day Southend would have gone home with a 5 nil win in their pockets. If this is the fair Argyle are going to serve up then someone is welcome to my season ticket.

Sep 6, 2006
In England yes, but look at other countries where the fans are non-stop regardless of action on the pitch. If only it was like that here, sadly a load of people around me seemed more intent on checking the progress of their accumulator than getting behind the team.[/quote]

Really? So how many 3rd tier games have you seen abroad?[/quote]

Dynamo Dresden twice and St Pauli once. YouTube them then maybe you’ll understand my point. They’re both in the second tier now but have had spells in the third.[/quote]

So they are second tier. And not good examples of the typical 3rd tier experience.hMost 3rd tier games abroad get very small crowds. Even 2nd tier[/quote]

You really don’t understand what I’m saying do you? I’m saying Dynamo’s atmosphere was superb even in the third tier, therefore some third tier crowds are boisterous and incessant. Also 40k attendance for Kaiserslautern against 1860 Munich in the Bundesliga 3 the other week. Granted Germany is on the whole the exception rather than the rule though.[/quote]

No you don't understand. You suggest the atmosphere is much better abroad when it isn't generally. Ok there may be 1 or 2 exceptions as you have mentioned (tier 2 usually anyway) but that is not the norm.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Army green":k1t5489j said:
What was the official attendance yesterday? Looked about 9-10k

Just under 10k

Looked more to be honest. Not very many empty seats

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Was the Devonport end closed off yesterday as well ? It was a lot quieter than usual and it normally sounds like a library.

Ahhhh but the kids are still on school holidays of course