Argyle v Hull City - the build up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Hull City - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• The Pilgrims

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • The Tigers

Votes: 45 43.3%
  • A draw

Votes: 30 28.8%

• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hull City
Official website
Not606 fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The final build-up thread of a rollercoaster season.

Saturday 4th May, kick-off 12.30pm.

The match will be broadcast live in the UK on Argyle TV, purchase your £10 subscription ... here.

The Pasoti-sponsored buses will be running.

If you're a season ticket holder and unable to get to this game the Ticket Exchange scheme is available ... here and a 'how to' guide here.

To avoid relegation Argyle need to win or match Birmingham City's result against Norwich City.
A four goal or less defeat by Argyle and a Birmingham draw will still see the Greens avoid relegation.
Only a win for Hull will give them a chance of reaching a play-off place, this would depend on the results of West Bromwich Albion and Norwich, although the Canaries have the advantage of being three points ahead and a plus seven goal-difference.

Friday

In a late change Tom Reeves is now the fourth official.

Match preview ... club website.

Fans Guide ... club website.

Pre-match press conference ... Argyle TV. free video.

Hull fans' forum ... match thread.

Thursday

Screenshot_20240502_201831_X.jpg

Hull team news ... Hull Live.

Neil Dewsnip and Kevin Nancekivell preview the game ... Argyle TV.

The game will be beamed back live to the Hull City stadium ... HC club website.

Adam Randell previews the game ... Argyle TV.

Sky Bet have placed Hull as favourites to at 21/20, an Argyle win has odds of 12/5 and the draw is on offer at 13/5.

The Greens have played the Tigers 39 times at Home Park, winning 14 games, drawing nine and losing 16.
Thanks to GoS.

Wednesday

Referee
A team of Premier League officials will take take charge of the game, referee Darren Bond has so far issued 96 yellow cards and three reds in 22 games.
The linesman/woman are James Mainwaring and Sian Massey-Ellis while James Linington is on fourth official duties, his fourth involvement with the Greens in the last eight games.

They Played For Both
Will Atkinson, Bruce Bannister, David Beresford, Sonny Bradley, James Chester, Keith Edwards, Stuart Elliott, Peter Halmosi, Micky Horswill, Jason Jarrett, Warren Joyce, Gordon Nesbit, David Norris, Gordon Staniforth, David Stockdale, Peter Swan. Any more?

Hull tactical analysis Whoscored.com
Strengths
Finishing scoring chances.
Creating long shot opportunities.
Creating chances using through balls.
Creating chances through individual skill.
Coming back from losing positions.
Weaknesses
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Defending counter attacks.
Aerial duels.
Defending against skillful players.
Style of play
Attack through the middle.
Possession football.
Take long shots.
Short passes.
Consistent first eleven.
Playing in their own half.
Opponents play aggressively against them.

Hull recent results
Screenshot_20240430_143748_FotMob.jpg

Last edited:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
So much at stake
I will be glad when the game is done & dusted
My nerves are shredded & it is only Wednesday
If the Green Army are on edge- i hope our boys will be able to keep their nerves in check when they are playing the game

llcoolgee

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 10, 2011
Melbourne
At what point will we know whether it will be on Argyle TV? Or do we assume that it's not going to be. 😞

greenplumber

Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
I was talking about that match to my Argyle following g/children. Lets hope the result is different this time COYG.

Sep 28, 2022
Mumba on the right of midfield and Issaka on the left in effect. We barely create chances currently but with pace on the flanks we hopefully might actually get extra bodies into the box. Invariably Hardie is isolated and needs support. Four at the back and pace with Phillips and Galloway either side. Also extra height for, dare I say it, the odd corner. The difference this week from last week is the delivery hopefully, no Randell this time.

Nov 22, 2018
14 goals in their last 6, eesh. The only silver lining is Norwich will definitely know that Hull have the potential to overturn a 6 goal deficit if they are losing to Birmingham

Reactions: Rosie
Dec 28, 2023
Hull are on form pushing for a play-off spot but we’re talking about 7th in the league here like they’re world beaters! 7th!!

We managed a result against Leicester against all odds so the lads have it in them.

This Championship campaign has been crazy and anyone can win any game on the day.

We’re at home in front of a full house, our home, and hopefully we just need a draw but I hope the team come out with a desire to end the season on a high and get the win.

May 19, 2023
i think we set up as we have been, don't expect some sudden shackles off performance, it will be ugly. Lucky for us, i think Norwich will win and we will stay up.

Argyle 1-3 Hull