Argyle v Bristol City Match Thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Bristol City Match Thread

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
We played ok in patches. And average the rest. Early in second half Randell ran through could have shot either side but checked back...

Mar 4, 2004
Created a lot of situations but failed to score that's the only negative, otherwise I think we're going be alright this season.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey

Their best chances have come from our decision making.

Some really decent football, then we play a strange pass where like Cooper just did in second half, he wasn’t even under that much pressure.o
Agree, and no surprise that the goal came from one such instance. Changes had a more detrimental affect on Argyle than City. I would say that the eleven that started today won't be far off the team v Barnsley. Overall, we need to take chances when they arrive but I'm quite happy with what saw for the first 45 today.

Feb 17, 2017
The drop off in quality between the first half and second half is frightening. Miller best player first half, once he was off we seemed to lose any attacking intensity. The youth players and ill include ryan law in that are just no where near that level, men vs boys basically at the end. Too early to tell about mumba, a couple of hospital passes and got himself in a mess with Wilson having to bail him out. Azaz and miller look like quality editions!

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I feel cautiously optimistic.

I saw good patterns of play. Good opportunities to score. The only thing would be is that we need to test the goalie more.

Defensively, we look solid. Our problem is inside our defensive third of the field and trying to play in situations where in all probability your not going to get much reward.

We will be vulnerable down the sides as our wing backs press forward. And l dare say we will give away the ball in silly areas. But in the main l think the fluidity of this formation feels like if we can get the attacking side of things right then we will be enjoyable to watch.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Keep Miller fit and he’ll tear League 1 right backs apart. I like Conor Grant a lot but judging by what I’ve seen so far - admittedly only two friendlies - Miller will have the LWB spot nailed down. I thought Law was poor today, he could probably do with another loan spell.

Reactions: mkitts
Jul 6, 2011
Keep Miller fit and he’ll tear League 1 right backs apart. I like Conor Grant a lot but judging by what I’ve seen so far - admittedly only two friendlies - Miller will have the LWB spot nailed down. I thought Law was poor today, he could probably do with another loan spell.
Thought Law had a reasonable game, Adam Randell never seems to give up 👍

Reactions: GreenEden
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
First half was decent, but the game became disjointed in 2nd half once the subs were made.

Halls, Pursall, Law and Lewis all looked out of their depth.

Jephcott did well in the 10 behind Hardie. Azaz looks a classy player. Miller will be an excellent addition if we can keep him fit.