Argyle - many fans second favourite team. Whose yours? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle - many fans second favourite team. Whose yours?

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Harrogate Town. I have a season ticket there as it's handy from Knaresborough for some football, and it's a very pleasant day out.

M
...and a lovely part of the world to boot. I was there last month, and stayed in Masham for a week.

Reactions: Martin Brock

Pastie Pete‘64

🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪
Aug 22, 2022
Saarland,Germany
My second team is Argyle(sorry for that),but with a big place in my heart.
First team is since end of the 1970th Eintracht Frankfurt.
Seen my first Bundesliga match in a very young age and got catched.
Since this time a have seen lots of matches,including all home games Euro League 2018/19 until half final against Chelsea.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Cliftonville here in Belfast (won the Cup the same day as we beat Hull to stay up), plus Napoli - I am a member there and go with mates to see them once a season.

Last edited:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
St Pauli. I've always been interested in German club football and when I was in Hamburg in 2017 I caught one of their games and have been hooked since. About to be promoted to the Bundesliga as well (fingers crossed).
I've also been to the Millerntor on a freezing snowy night.
However it's Werder Bremen for me. Green and white, amazing riverside stadium, fanatic support.
Union Berlin in the European game last season (3-3) on another snowy night was also epic.

Still, must've taken oooh all of 30 seconds after your post for the thread to be unnecessarily infected..must be really hard without the opinions board. Lurking, lurking, waiting, waiting... for any slight opportunity to rail against the 'tofu eating progressive wokerati', a coiled spring of pent up 'right minded thinking' waiting to pounce, then BAM, like the scorpion's tail whipping into sudden action on behalf of the 'non naive' everywhere!

Last edited:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I think seeing the great Spurs team here on 27 January 1962 planted a little second-favourite-team-seed in my head. That year I went to my only FA Cup Final and Tottenham won it. They were miles above anything I had ever seen before at Home Park and were again brilliant at Wembley too. Latterly I have enjoyed the Klopp era at Liverpool, which I see as the most passionate since Shankly's stewardship. But the real test is that over the years when I watch Spurs or Liverpool play I have no anxiety, no worry about the result, no head in my hands when they miss an open goal. If either has genuinely been my second team at one stage, they are a very poor second when it comes to emotion.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Caernarfon Town in the Welsh Premier.

Incidentally, they play Rhys Griffith's Penybont next Saturday in a Euro play off final with the winner appearing in the UEFA Europa Conference League next season.

Dre.jpg

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Arbroath, because it is my Mother's family home, and I spent many childhood Summers there. (My Mother was a teacher, hence we could spend 5 weeks or so there, with my Father joining us for his 2 weeks leave.) I still always look for their result and check where they are in the league table.

Fantastic club and ground, proper terracing, really friendly, they’re a professional club but you get that laid back semi pro kind of vibe.

Bovey Green lady

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
I think seeing the great Spurs team here on 27 January 1962 planted a little second-favourite-team-seed in my head. That year I went to my only FA Cup Final and Tottenham won it. They were miles above anything I had ever seen before at Home Park and were again brilliant at Wembley too. Latterly I have enjoyed the Klopp era at Liverpool, which I see as the most passionate since Shankly's stewardship. But the real test is that over the years when I watch Spurs or Liverpool play I have no anxiety, no worry about the result, no head in my hands when they miss an open goal. If either has genuinely been my second team at one stage, they are a very poor second when it comes to emotion.
Spurs was my Father's second team, because as a boy he would stay sometimes for a holiday with his Uncle and Aunt. Uncle was a Sgt. in the Met Police and used to take him to watch Spurs games.