Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times). | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Info' Board (Merged many many times).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I know it’s been said already and it’s not a big deal, but if you look at the graphics the club use on the website for the next game (https://www.pafc.co.uk at the top) and the general rebranding around the horseshoe, it’s light years better than the MS Paint stuff on the screen.

Even if it’s just that Argyle v Burton JPEG from the website loaded onto the screen, it would look great. I don’t think we need the Teletext scrolling through with Welcome to > Home Park > The Theatre of Greens > The next game is > etc etc.

Mar 8, 2016
Completely agree. Has already been eluded to though, but certain people on here that will shoot you down for having such constructive criticism though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's NOT constructive is it though?

The Senior Greens, Cornish Branch, Plymouth Branch and others all collected for this, we know the cost wasn't great, but a fantastic effort by certain Argyle fans. Then Simon and Jane Hallett put in 50% as well (as Senior Green members).

It may be old tech, it might not be a Jumbotron, but it serves a purpose.

Why on Earth would people attack that????

I tell you what, you guys that slag off that effort, why not get together and get a all singing all dancing state of the art piece of kit and then donate it to the club?

If you raise the first £25k, I'll raise the other. Deal?

Mar 8, 2016
No one is slagging of the effort put in by the senior greens for putting the money in, you’re just using that to try and justify your floored argument, the senior greens have Been brilliant. If you want to talk about effort, then why not ask the people who funded the screen if they think it’s acceptable the screen isn’t being updated as often as it should be? Maybe update them that the money they put in isn’t being used to it’s full potential. So yes it is constructive, because as a customer we see a flaw, a flaw that can easily be improved? It’s not a dig a the senior greens. The screen is great, The idea is great, the location is great. Just needs tweaking.

May 8, 2011
Army green":azew95wf said:
No one is slagging of the effort put in by the senior greens for putting the money in, you’re just using that to try and justify your floored argument, the senior greens have Been brilliant. If you want to talk about effort, then why not ask the people who funded the screen if they think it’s acceptable the screen isn’t being updated as often as it should be? Maybe update them that the money they put in isn’t being used to it’s full potential. So yes it is constructive, because as a customer we see a flaw, a flaw that can easily be improved? It’s not a dig a the senior greens. The screen is great, The idea is great, the location is great. Just needs tweaking.

If it isn’t being updated then contact the Club. It is the sort of thing Michael Dunford wants to and needs to know about. Remember as most of Argyle’s staff are based at Crownhill now so they may not visit Home Park on non match days and therefore be unaware.

Mar 8, 2016
HC Green":3aj4zjfs said:
Army green":3aj4zjfs said:

If it isn’t being updated then contact the Club. It is the sort of thing Michael Dunford wants to and needs to know about. Remember as most of Argyle’s staff are based at Crownhill now so they may not visit Home Park on non match days and therefore be unaware.

Pretty sure someone on here has spoken to him regarding the issue. Also being located away from home park is not an acceptable excuse, someone has been tasked with that job, so it should be in his/Hers to do list. If I wasn’t doing my job properly at work I would be told. We’re meant to be a professional outfit, so let’s not accept poor standards by staff.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I hope mine didn’t sound like slagging off, it definitely wasn’t meant to be.

Everything about is great, just would be even better if the presentation was nailed on. Doesn’t seem like we need three or four screens saying Welcome to Home Park, the Theatre of Greens, do we?

J

JamieY

Evening all,

The message board is a great asset for us. It has however presented us with a few tricky things to work through, hence some delays on getting those updates out in a suitable time. The software to run it, is really antiquated and it'll only work on certain versions of windows, it does not work on OSx and it does not work on our Main IT System. It's can also only be updated once connected to it's own WiFi (which has a small radius) so we literally have to stand underneath it to connect.

That connection is quite temperamental too so connecting to its WiFi doesn't always work for all users and we have been actively trying to resolve this as we want it to be as useful as you all do.

So that being said, we think we've worked through a lot of the teething problems and we're now hopeful that more regular and timely updates should be forthcoming. We implemented a change on Tuesday and you would have no doubt noticed that the Burton game was on the screen at the end of the Swindon game.

With regards the look, there's not a lot we can do about that in terms of graphics, it's a text based screen which if used and updated properly should serve it's purpose of promoting what's happening at the stadium next.

J

JamieY

Biggs":2r6ammkz said:
I hope mine didn’t sound like slagging off, it definitely wasn’t meant to be.

Everything about is great, just would be even better if the presentation was nailed on. Doesn’t seem like we need three or four screens saying Welcome to Home Park, the Theatre of Greens, do we?

Also resolved, should now get staright to the point of what's coming up next :thumbup:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
pilgrimB173":3dqz9t9l said:
Interesting. I mentioned this to Mr. Dunford yesterday (Monday) afternoon and said I think supporters who contributed to the screen might like to see it kept up-to-date. He did not disagree. I guess the next 'proper' home fixture is Burton.
PilgrimB173 spoke to him on Monday and ‘he did not disagree’. I emailed Michael Dunford on Thursday 5th October, with a copy to Zac Newton, but I have had no reply.

Edit:- It appears that JamieY has now been tasked to resolve this situation.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
JamieY":30lpxlqg said:
Evening all,

The message board is a great asset for us. It has however presented us with a few tricky things to work through, hence some delays on getting those updates out in a suitable time. The software to run it, is really antiquated and it'll only work on certain versions of windows, it does not work on OSx and it does not work on our Main IT System. It's can also only be updated once connected to it's own WiFi (which has a small radius) so we literally have to stand underneath it to connect.

That connection is quite temperamental too so connecting to its WiFi doesn't always work for all users and we have been actively trying to resolve this as we want it to be as useful as you all do.

So that being said, we think we've worked through a lot of the teething problems and we're now hopeful that more regular and timely updates should be forthcoming. We implemented a change on Tuesday and you would have no doubt noticed that the Burton game was on the screen at the end of the Swindon game.

With regards the look, there's not a lot we can do about that in terms of graphics, it's a text based screen which if used and updated properly should serve it's purpose of promoting what's happening at the stadium next.
Thanks for that update Jamie.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
JonB explained that to me a few days ago but it’s not my place to bring that out into the public domain.

Now Jamie has it may explain me being so defensive.