Argyle 7 Chesterfield 0 - January 2004 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle 7 Chesterfield 0 - January 2004

R

Rob O'Hare

Greatest opening 25 mins of football I've ever witnessed.

Jun 11, 2012
Likewise. I'll never forget that day - in the first 25 minutes, as you say, we were brilliant. As fans we were probably on our feet more than bums at that time. :lol:

:scarf:

P

pafcstafford

Very glad to be the barn park end of the mayflower that day. Remember being dissapointed at a lack if goals second half lol.

Don't forget vale away and tranmere at home.

Can you imagine that side playing the one we have now. That YouTube video would be just a preview.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Funnily enough, I didn't think that we played amazingly in that game; played very well, but not stratospheric. I thought Chesterfield were awful, completely awful, and their defending was atrocious. We had better games that year but seeing 7 in one game was something to behold. I took my dad, who doesn't come to the Argyle much, and I think he was in shock!

Jul 25, 2011
I remember our big rivals QPR played them a week later and lost 3-1 so they were not whipping boys by any stretch,think they beat Bristol city too

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
great video and proud to be there on the day...doubt if we will see those scenes again at HP for a long long time...happy days.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Mark_Smith":20p4hc1e said:
This was part of a run of 7 wins in a row, a run that began on 22 November. Spooky. Maybe.
Really! 7-0, 7 wins, same team, roughly same date, :lol: Its a certainty then :thumbs:

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
Friio's timing when running into the box at the last minute to meet the ball at pace was one of his finest assets.

Equally, Trigger's ability to meet the direct ball, hold it up or shift it nimbly onto the other foot to create half a yard was a joy to watch. Delighted he got his moment in the limelight at Southampton and even more delighted he found his way back to Home Park.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
I'm going to make my lad watch that tonight when he gets home from school. He wasn't even one at the time. I remember being in Falmouth shopping for baby clothes and getting the text alerts. I had to leave the shop and dance around in the street. Nobody took any notice, must be normal behaviour for Falmouth.