Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 67 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone want Adams to stay?

Stevie Wotsa

āœ… Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Deacster":32gkjhqr said:
Steve Hiscott":32gkjhqr said:
Change of heart i think he will sort it, I can see what the team are trying to do we just don't seem to have that quality to pull it off i don't believe that it's all adams fault he can only work with the budget he has got and i don't believe he can become a bad manager over night.

I do believe that simon hallett will give adams a slightly better budget which is needed to tie up our back four which is a course for concern as are leaking far too many goals! we will need to sign some players come january.
Didn't Hallett say in the week that our budget is about middle of the league? Well we are in the relegation zone, so Adams is under-performing and has mins-used his budget, this is not an excuse. It's his team, his squad, his results.

True just trying to focus on the positives as strange as that sounds perhaps i just have faith he will sort it out. I certainly don't think it helped with the fans being on his back at games but can fully understand why. The fan base and the management seem to have lost that connection that we once had and i feel we are going to need to rebuild that, negative breeds and i just think we need to bridge that gap and sing on the same hymn sheet and try and build the club back up to a more positive vibe and then i think we might see a slight change in circumstances we find ourselves in.

Jul 17, 2011
The biggest thing for me is that we have 5 or 6 real quality players that with a new manager might just click!

Carey
Fox
Ladopo
Lameiras
Taylor

They are all decent players and I feel it might take an older authoritive figure ( or a freightening one ) to shove a rocket up them.

Iā€™d love to see Gareth Ainsworth here, heā€™s done. Wonders with Wycombe and would be cheap!

Sep 28, 2003
London
The-Pilgrim":3300l4vv said:
I maintain yes, I'll put my tin hat on but if we bring a couple of proper defenders in in january, we'll finish 12th-16th.

It's perfectly fair enough to think that - my worry with that way of thinking is just that Adams already signed three centre backs in the summer and we're awful at the back, I'm not sure how good his eye is for League 2.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Andy Holland":v8n6p2lk said:
The-Pilgrim":v8n6p2lk said:
I maintain yes, I'll put my tin hat on but if we bring a couple of proper defenders in in january, we'll finish 12th-16th.

It's perfectly fair enough to think that - my worry with that way of thinking is just that Adams already signed three centre backs in the summer and we're awful at the back, I'm not sure how good his eye is for League 2.

I get that but before that he's signed some very good defenders. If he makes the same mistake twice then yes, he needs to go, but i don't think he'll make that mistake again.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":2fw3tjsu said:
Peter_Jones":2fw3tjsu said:
HC Green":2fw3tjsu said:
hoovermelon":2fw3tjsu said:
philmeboots":2fw3tjsu said:
gaspargomez":2fw3tjsu said:
Hallett has been chairman for little more than a month, has apparently put Ā£6 million of his own money into the club since becoming a director, and now people are criticising him on this forum.

The views expressed on PASOTI are ludicrous sometimes.

Around 10 million plus I reckon!

Well he won't be too pleased when his "wonderful Manager" Adams takes us down and he sees his 10 Million take a significant turn for the worse!

What League we are in wonā€™t really impact on the potential income from the refurb as only 23 to 30 days would be from football related income the other 300 odd days would be non football.

That really is a ludicrous argument. Do you really believe that Exeter Chiefs would have made the commercial advances they have if the team was hacking around in the fourth tier of English rugby?

Success on the pitch breeds success off it. Failure the corollary. No-one wants to be associated with it...

So when a company books a corporate area at Sandy Park on a Wednesday afternoon in February is it is because of the rugby or the availability of facilities?

I don't know why some fans think this new Grandstand will be a pot of gold. I'm glad it's happening and credit to Hallett for sorting it but it's unlikely that it will bring in huge revenue.

Should we be relegated the fall in crowd attendance and ticket numbers will have a big impact on the revenue.

Feb 2, 2007
Spot on. And Chiefs can charge a damn sight more for their facilities because demand has gone up exponentially with their on field success. There would be much less demand for their facilities if they were rattling around the lower leagues.

Jul 13, 2006
The-Pilgrim":3uubcoej said:
Andy Holland":3uubcoej said:
The-Pilgrim":3uubcoej said:

I get that but before that he's signed some very good defenders. If he makes the same mistake twice then yes, he needs to go, but i don't think he'll make that mistake again.

His eye is ok for League 2. that is the problem!
He's already made the same mistakes twice. That's why we are where we are.

May 8, 2011
nick_PASTIE":1jvg1kh9 said:
Spot on. And Chiefs can charge a damn sight more for their facilities because demand has gone up exponentially with their on field success. There would be much less demand for their facilities if they were rattling around the lower leagues.

Why, when the facilities are being used on a daily basis primarily by non rugby, non Chiefs supporters? It the same facilities regardless of what league they are in.

Mar 23, 2008
Steve Hiscott":1lybeipo said:
Deacster":1lybeipo said:
Steve Hiscott":1lybeipo said:
Change of heart i think he will sort it, I can see what the team are trying to do we just don't seem to have that quality to pull it off i don't believe that it's all adams fault he can only work with the budget he has got and i don't believe he can become a bad manager over night.

I do believe that simon hallett will give adams a slightly better budget which is needed to tie up our back four which is a course for concern as are leaking far too many goals! we will need to sign some players come january.
Didn't Hallett say in the week that our budget is about middle of the league? Well we are in the relegation zone, so Adams is under-performing and has mins-used his budget, this is not an excuse. It's his team, his squad, his results.

True just trying to focus on the positives as strange as that sounds perhaps i just have faith he will sort it out. I certainly don't think it helped with the fans being on his back at games but can fully understand why. The fan base and the management seem to have lost that connection that we once had and i feel we are going to need to rebuild that, negative breeds and i just think we need to bridge that gap and sing on the same hymn sheet and try and build the club back up to a more positive vibe and then i think we might see a slight change in circumstances we find ourselves in.
No problem in seeing the positive, I usually do but I'm struggling this season. Unfortunately when Adams criticised the fans with his yobs comments, that was always going to prove divisive, so he has caused that disconnect. It's a fair point to raise though but one of the many reasons I fear he's past the point of no return.

May 8, 2011
Deacster":ltyeynbf said:
Steve Hiscott":ltyeynbf said:
Deacster":ltyeynbf said:
Steve Hiscott":ltyeynbf said:

No problem in seeing the positive, I usually do but I'm struggling this season. Unfortunately when Adams criticised the fans with his yobs comments, that was always going to prove divisive, so he has caused that disconnect. It's a fair point to raise though but one of the many reasons I fear he's past the point of no return.

People who spit on others are yobs.