Anyone else expecting some dangerous challenges from Ipswich? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone else expecting some dangerous challenges from Ipswich?

Aug 6, 2022
Games are massive for them now and they need to win.

We've seen them several times over, putting in ridiculously dangerous challenges in on our players over a number of games, from the likes of Morsy, Luongo and Evans to name just three that come to mind.

I hope Argyle will have a word with someone prior to kick-off, because they cannot keep getting away with genuinely rash, unnecessary and dangerous tackles, just about every time we play them.

Bit of a shame because what a cracking footballing side with bags of talent.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
Morsy got 15 yellow cards last season. He has had 12 already this season. Luongo has had 8 yellow cards this season. We know from the two games last season and the game at Portman Road this season that Morsy and now his 'partner in crime' underpin the way the way they play. Their robust ball recovery and occasional thuggery of these midfield two are essential to their game plan. We need a strong ref and to get in their faces with an effective press. I fear we do not have the former but I hope Forshaw is fit to help implement the latter.

On a personal note I would love it if Morsy was forced to make the walk of shame in front of the Lower Mayflower if he got a red card. That would make up for, in part, the obscene 'tackle' he made on Adam Randell last season - one of the worst seen at Home Park and he got away with it.

Aug 6, 2022
Morsy got 15 yellow cards last season. He has had 12 already this season. Luongo has had 8 yellow cards this season. We know from the two games last season and the game at Portman Road this season that Morsy and now his 'partner in crime' underpin the way the way they play. Their robust ball recovery and occasional thuggery of these midfield two are essential to their game plan. We need a strong ref and to get in their faces with an effective press. I fear we do not have the former but I hope Forshaw is fit to help implement the latter.

On a personal note I would love it if Morsy was forced to make the walk of shame in front of the Lower Mayflower if he got a red card. That would make up for, in part, the obscene 'tackle' he made on Adam Randell last season - one of the worst seen at Home Park and he got away with it.
That's kind of the problem though - that Morsy never gets a red card. If you were to watch a reel of some of the tackles he puts in, it's scandalous that he doesn't get red cards and it allows Morsy to carry on doing what he does.

Reactions: Paul green14

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Mr Morsy is very clever in what he does
Plays very close to the edge & knows Refs will speak to him more than once before he is given a yellow card
Once he is gets a yellow card - he is subbed
I am expecting him to leave his calling card within the 1st minute to test the water with the referee
One day karma will come & give him a red card - would be nice if it was Saturday
Our boys are professional enough not to get drawn into is shenanigans

Reactions: Paul green14
Feb 8, 2005
Games are massive for them now and they need to win.

We've seen them several times over, putting in ridiculously dangerous challenges in on our players over a number of games, from the likes of Morsy, Luongo and Evans to name just three that come to mind.

I hope Argyle will have a word with someone prior to kick-off, because they cannot keep getting away with genuinely rash, unnecessary and dangerous tackles, just about every time we play them.

Bit of a shame because what a cracking footballing side with bags of talent.
Agree, but I do think it is down to the referees.

Do they collate data on referee style? Strong or weak referees would probably dictate their actions.

Mar 20, 2023
He’s reffed them 5 times already this season and given them 14 yellow cards, so he knows them well and is not averse to a booking against them. Surely it’s time they got red against us.

Nov 18, 2011
Ipswich are currently 14th in the Championship Fair Play table. Argyle are 15th.
Good stat. We seem to share the cards around whilst Ipswich use an enforcer or two whilst their other players don't get stuck in as much.

Reminds me of Man U back in the day having Keane.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He never had a nasty tackle that I can remember amongst those yellows (well maybe one).

Morsy is a cowardly player.

Reactions: Andy B.