any news? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

any news?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Pafcintheplace":q3dozvwh said:
No hobnobs, so they had to make do with Rich Tea.

TEA LADY OUT! :furious:

Ey?! Nothing wrong with rich teas! Nothing compared to custard creams though.

Dec 7, 2006
If Fletcher is still bringing players in on loan it can only mean he's dodged yet another bullet. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher has called on the club's supporters to show patience with his side.

The Pilgrims, who face Chesterfield on Saturday, have not won in seven matches and are just two points off the League Two relegation zone.

"Be patient with the players and get behind them," Fletcher told BBC Radio Devon.

"At the end of the day the lads go out there to work hard and try and do the right thing and get good results."

And despite the poor run, which has seen the Pilgrims go out of the FA Cup at non-league Dorchester Town, Fletcher does not feel that he is under any more pressure than earlier in the season.

"I could do with a win," he said. "The lads, for their efforts and hard work they're putting in, deserve that.

"There's no pressure, you've got people going off to war and people fighting and people with illnesses, that's pressure, this is just a game of football.

"Whatever you do in life, the first time that it gets a little bit difficult what do you? Just give up? That's just a waste of time.

"You keep putting the work in. There's no point in me saying we're going to work harder now because that means we weren't working hard beforehand.

"We'll be working hard, as we always do, to try and get good results and get goof performances."

And Fletcher says his side have not played too badly in the past few games, but have come up against a number of in-form sides.

"Performances have been decent lately, we just maybe haven't got the rewards for the performances in the games we've played," he said.

"The last six league games we've probably had four away from home and five are expected to be in the play-offs at a minimum.

"We've had a tough run recently and we've held our own pretty much in all of the games."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20448633

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I almost understand what he's trying to get across but does he not have someone to use as a sounding board.

I'm sure he knows the expectation levels but the man does not show any urgency in his press calls.

Aug 10, 2006
GTTB Resurgam":1tjyg1a1 said:
Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher has called on the club's supporters to show patience with his side.

The Pilgrims, who face Chesterfield on Saturday, have not won in seven matches and are just two points off the League Two relegation zone.

"Be patient with the players and get behind them," Fletcher told BBC Radio Devon.

"At the end of the day the lads go out there to work hard and try and do the right thing and get good results."

And despite the poor run, which has seen the Pilgrims go out of the FA Cup at non-league Dorchester Town, Fletcher does not feel that he is under any more pressure than earlier in the season.

"I could do with a win," he said. "The lads, for their efforts and hard work they're putting in, deserve that.

"There's no pressure, you've got people going off to war and people fighting and people with illnesses, that's pressure, this is just a game of football.

"Whatever you do in life, the first time that it gets a little bit difficult what do you? Just give up? That's just a waste of time.

"You keep putting the work in. There's no point in me saying we're going to work harder now because that means we weren't working hard beforehand.

"We'll be working hard, as we always do, to try and get good results and get goof performances."

And Fletcher says his side have not played too badly in the past few games, but have come up against a number of in-form sides.

"Performances have been decent lately, we just maybe haven't got the rewards for the performances in the games we've played," he said.

"The last six league games we've probably had four away from home and five are expected to be in the play-offs at a minimum.

"We've had a tough run recently and we've held our own pretty much in all of the games."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20448633
while i agree and we all know there are more important things in life as you say war illness etc etc i want the best for our football club and clearly that is not you so why don't you just f..k off and give somebody else a chance i think you have had more than enough time don't you.

B

blackbeard

How much more time dose he have, very little I hope. We can not go on like this just wishing for the next three points,

Jul 29, 2010
Be patient with the players?...........18 games in?, some of them having been here over a year?.

I WAS patient, I gave the neuveax verde a whole year before Fletch tipped me over into wanting change, I can't be patient all the way to the conference, I can't be patient when results and performances are no less unproductive or frustrating than they were a year ago.

I WAS patient I understood and forgave then, I've been patient, I've understood and forgiven for the year since. I no longer have patience, understanding or forgiveness in me.

Go, and quickly.