Andy Scott? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andy Scott?

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Lundan Cabbie":10b4y2gc said:
Johnson":10b4y2gc said:
Andy Hessenthaler or Stan Ternant for me.

Stan Ternant? Having read Simon Jordan's book, I doubt Mr Brent would go there....

...So I decided to offer Ternant the job and phoned Finnegan (Ternant's agent) and said I was prepared to offer him the same salary as Trevor Francis, £320,000 a year, and once agreed I would approach Burnley. Barely an hour had passed and Finnigan phoned back saying "Stan says bo**ocks, It's not enough money"

Suddenly it was about money. I had offered him top dollar, but still he wanted more. So I pulled out and said to Finnigan, "If it's all about money let's just leave it."

I had barely had time to put the phone down when Ternant came on the line. "Chairman, you are making a big fooking mistake. I know more about football than you will ever know. This is a huge opportunity you are missing out on. You're going to regret this."

He sounded like he was half cut.

But it was to get worse. Whilst I was out at dinner, Ternant left a series of messages on my voicemail, each one worse than the last. Clearly he was drinking, the last message, left in a broad Lancashire accent, was "Chairman, I am fooking great and you are fooking sh*t. I have got a fooking Bentley and a fooking Mercedes. You have made a big mistake. You haven't got the bo**ocks to answer my calls so fudge your job."

I really can't see James Brent and Stan Ternant being bedfellows, can you?

Stan Ternant has a north east accent.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pafcintheplace":1j4evtas said:
Lundan Cabbie":1j4evtas said:
Johnson":1j4evtas said:
Andy Hessenthaler or Stan Ternant for me.

Stan Ternant? Having read Simon Jordan's book, I doubt Mr Brent would go there....

...So I decided to offer Ternant the job and phoned Finnegan (Ternant's agent) and said I was prepared to offer him the same salary as Trevor Francis, £320,000 a year, and once agreed I would approach Burnley. Barely an hour had passed and Finnigan phoned back saying "Stan says bo**ocks, It's not enough money"

Suddenly it was about money. I had offered him top dollar, but still he wanted more. So I pulled out and said to Finnigan, "If it's all about money let's just leave it."

I had barely had time to put the phone down when Ternant came on the line. "Chairman, you are making a big fooking mistake. I know more about football than you will ever know. This is a huge opportunity you are missing out on. You're going to regret this."

He sounded like he was half cut.

But it was to get worse. Whilst I was out at dinner, Ternant left a series of messages on my voicemail, each one worse than the last. Clearly he was drinking, the last message, left in a broad Lancashire accent, was "Chairman, I am fooking great and you are fooking sh*t. I have got a fooking Bentley and a fooking Mercedes. You have made a big mistake. You haven't got the bo**ocks to answer my calls so fudge your job."

I really can't see James Brent and Stan Ternant being bedfellows, can you?

Stan Ternant has a north east accent.

I'll let Simon know in the morning :greensmile: