Andy Scott? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Andy Scott?

Oct 13, 2012
Proven record with tight budget in this league! Or coughlan? It's time Brent! We're to big a club to be fielding kids and rubbish!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Stan Ternent. Scout at Hull. No-nonsense manager...kind of the opposite to our current Complete-nonsense manager

Oct 13, 2012
We need someone with the experience and a at least average budget to compete! When we're tacking players that no one else will touch ie s.griffiths chads Williams and non league players it says it all!!!

Aug 19, 2012
Andy Scott has more experience than Fletcher. He knows how to get out of league 2. He is probably one of our greatest managers we can get. I have always said to bring Andy Scott in. Now im saying bring in Andy Scott....FAST!!!

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Andy Who?

No, I agree almost time's up for Fletcher, but let's not replace him with like for like.

Unless we can attract a good alternative, no point sacking Fletcher yet.

Nov 11, 2006
Derek Adams - manager of Ross County. Taken them from Scotish Second Division to Premier League. Scottish Cup Final along the way. PFA Scotland Manager of the Year.

His father is Director of Football.

Get them both

Oct 30, 2012
I would like to try to get Paul ince if possible done brilliantly with macclesfield on very small budget then done well at mk dons only problem wages maybe to high but after getting rid of fletcher then there should be a fairly good budget available.if not ince then Andy Scott would be good choice,steve coterill wouldbe brilliant altough probably out of this league.Dennis wise. maybe again probably expensive and probably wouldnt want to come but been out the game for a while now.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I don't believe in these discussions. The responsibility for appointing managers rests with the club heirarchy and it is their job to do their homework and make evidence-based appointments. They are the ones on the 'inside'. Appointing a football manager ought to be no different to a job in any other walk of life, if we are to believe that this is a profession and not 'merely' a sport. Witness the disastrous appointment of Mariner and its consequences. It reeked of a "let's give the fans what we think they want to deflect the attention from us" type of appointment.

Oct 13, 2012
It's not a mariner situation though is it? It's a save our club situation! Mariner on paper was always a big gamble.its a results business a argyle team in the top 7 of this league gets 8 to 10k gates add a new stand to that then your looking 15 plus easily! It's simple Maths similar size city as hull Swansea and a lot larger than Rotherham and there attendance grew dramatically! The worse the team performs the more our attendance will drop!

C

Cult Of Personality

Would happily take Andy Scott good manager who was dumped on by Brentford

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Johnson":f067sf7e said:
Andy Hessenthaler or Stan Ternant for me.

Stan Ternant? Having read Simon Jordan's book, I doubt Mr Brent would go there....

...So I decided to offer Ternant the job and phoned Finnegan (Ternant's agent) and said I was prepared to offer him the same salary as Trevor Francis, £320,000 a year, and once agreed I would approach Burnley. Barely an hour had passed and Finnigan phoned back saying "Stan says bo**ocks, It's not enough money"

Suddenly it was about money. I had offered him top dollar, but still he wanted more. So I pulled out and said to Finnigan, "If it's all about money let's just leave it."

I had barely had time to put the phone down when Ternant came on the line. "Chairman, you are making a big fooking mistake. I know more about football than you will ever know. This is a huge opportunity you are missing out on. You're going to regret this."

He sounded like he was half cut.

But it was to get worse. Whilst I was out at dinner, Ternant left a series of messages on my voicemail, each one worse than the last. Clearly he was drinking, the last message, left in a broad Lancashire accent, was "Chairman, I am fooking great and you are fooking sh*t. I have got a fooking Bentley and a fooking Mercedes. You have made a big mistake. You haven't got the bo**ocks to answer my calls so fudge your job."

I really can't see James Brent and Stan Ternant being bedfellows, can you?