An idea to increase attendance. (Cheerleaders) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

An idea to increase attendance. (Cheerleaders)

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
echobeach":3j2iqge2 said:
In these ok to dance in public times, why not get a load of blokes from PASOTI to get out there and Dad Dance the team on, it could be an extension of the guy at the bottom of the Devonport and his animated conductions.

Use it as a Fundraising exercise ?

Just remembered, someone once out there in a Tutu, possibly IJN for losing a wager ?

I was sharing an office with this bloke at the time. Make your own mind up.....

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/hincheslegs.asp

C

callum no7

That lot up the A38 used to steal the Exeter Uni cheerleaders for every home game. They were probably hungover from the previous uni night out, so doubt they would have been particularly co-ordinated!

Just give Pilgrim Pete some pom-poms! :scarf:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Its a bit out of the box but how about .......

Play some decent football and WIN a few games. You never know it may catch on

Sep 22, 2011
Crikey, just saw the video of the Palace maids and nearly choked on my Bishops Finger. I reckon we should get some swilly maids up there, get 'em warmed up with a pasty or two and let 'em show us what they can do.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
therealdsg":rb12lgii said:
Cheerleaders, video screens, a dj over the pa and a fan view on the screens just before the teams come out is a great way of drawing in a crowd and getting an atmosphere going.
How? Great footballing memories do not involve dj's or video screens - honestly, things like that put me off football not draw me into it.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
We have cheerleaders....but ugly ones Rick and Dave at the fan fest you should try it.....it has made the games bearable for me over recent times it worth going up there for the fest alone and to numb the sences before we go out and watch undoubtedly a struggling team....but then nobody said it would be easy....keep the faith......we will turn things around but time to consider change is when you have something to build on we are a long way from that place and anyone who thought we wern't are deluded.

Seriously I seem to remember cheerleaders at Argyle some seasons ago sure it's been done.

Sep 22, 2011
Oh yes, we had cheer leaders at Argyle, my hearing has never been good but I recall the zoo corner singing to them....something about getting their zits out for the lads I think

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Seriously, would one single person ever attend a football match who wouldn't have bothered otherwise just because they could watch a bunch of cheerleaders prancing about in the middle distance for a few minutes now and then? Please tell me that the answer is no!

Apr 5, 2012
MickyD":2cadda46 said:
Seriously, would one single person ever attend a football match who wouldn't have bothered otherwise just because they could watch a bunch of cheerleaders prancing about in the middle distance for a few minutes now and then? Please tell me that the answer is no!
Such an american thing too, most people dont really warm to it here. I mean alright great in the right context but to try to increase the crowd? its never going to do that