Alfie Devine (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alfie Devine (merged)

Jan 23, 2024
Even if it was a pen (not sure myself, thought it was just outside), he was though on goal, no need to stop.

Jul 28, 2020
Looked really good today I thought when he came on. Might be worth starting him against Millwall.
I'm pleased to hear that

I think alfie has got caught up in the turmoil over ian foster- and that ( in my opinion) the team now seems to lack an identity - as to what we are really about ( which was so strong under shuey)

A good player no doubt and hopefully will contribute in the remaining games this season

For next season, I'm not so sure. In my opinion it's fairly inevitable that we will have to switch to a more utilitarian style of football with less passing and more long balls next season. We will have to cut our cloth according to our means. Next season is going to be a desperate struggle to stay up ( if indeed we do so, this season).so talk of young inexperienced coaches- who like to play expansive football worries me- wrong direction in my opinion

Sorry my post has diverged quite a lot from the OP ( as my posts tend to)

As a postscript- I'm sorry we haven't seen more of freddie issaka as an impact sub

Aug 8, 2014
Think if forshaw misses the rest of the season then a 4-2-3-1 would suit devine. He'd be my CAM in the 3, next to bali and morgs. A lot more solid

Reactions: Furnell

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Think if forshaw misses the rest of the season then a 4-2-3-1 would suit devine. He'd be my CAM in the 3, next to bali and morgs. A lot more solid
Agree.

But we won’t.

Our persistence with 3-4-2-1 may drag our sorry ass over the line. I don’t think we have the time nor the training ground setup to effectively implement a change of formation from the offset.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Devine has been mostly bad for us, but in the second half was quite comfortably our best player. Willing to get on the ball and drive forward with it and actually try to make something happen. I’d suggest anyone who thought Devine was bad either wasn’t watching or has made their mind up on him and isn’t able to objectively analyse the game.

He has to start at Millwall in a 3 man midfield. The loss of Gyabi as an option is looking more painful with each week. No world beater, but offered us the athleticism and physicality in midfield that we are so sorely lacking.

I’m still in slight disbelief at Adam Randell’s performance yesterday. I really like him but he was absolutely shocking.

Aug 8, 2014
Agree.

But we won’t.

Our persistence with 3-4-2-1 may drag our sorry ass over the line. I don’t think we have the time nor the training ground setup to effectively implement a change of formation from the offset.
100%
Frustrated throuout the season sticking with tried and tested. Literally being outplayed in midfield week after week and that's been our biggest problem.
Frustrating that we haven't addressed the issue, Waine or Hardie would be way more effective in this system and it gets Gibbo and Galloway in the team

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
After taking a two goal lead Stoke went very narrow and compact (Schumacher tactically outsmarted Nancesnip) but Devine was the one Argyle player who tried to make things happen and drive at the Stoke defence.

Sadly he's too lightweight to start games and is much better as an impact sub.

Regarding the loanees the parent clubs will be delighted their young players are experiencing a relegation battle as part of their learning journey.
Not so good for us though but that's our fault for signing a load of youth players in January.

Reactions: Moorlander

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
He has something we dont have. The ability to pass a ball.

I'd play him in a 3 man midfield. Because if Forshaw season has ended then a two man midfield of Houghton & Randell seems pointless because it hardly ever works at this level.

Jan 31, 2023
Devine has been mostly bad for us, but in the second half was quite comfortably our best player. Willing to get on the ball and drive forward with it and actually try to make something happen. I’d suggest anyone who thought Devine was bad either wasn’t watching or has made their mind up on him and isn’t able to objectively analyse the game.

He has to start at Millwall in a 3 man midfield. The loss of Gyabi as an option is looking more painful with each week. No world beater, but offered us the athleticism and physicality in midfield that we are so sorely lacking.

I’m still in slight disbelief at Adam Randell’s performance yesterday. I really like him but he was absolutely shocking.
He believes his own press no doubt.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
You weren’t at same match I was at. In amongst the dross, he was a ray of sunlight?
Were you actually at match? Or watching on TV
Watching on tv with the added benefit of watching him cheating on a slow motion :)