Alex McDonald | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex McDonald

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Had a chat with him in the pyramid after the game and he said he has loved his time down here ....

I didnt realise he was out of contract this season and althou he has been offered a new one at Burnley hes keeping his options open and didnt rule out coming back to Plymouth . One of the main stummbling blocks could be that he has a northern girlfriend/wife who is heavily pregnant and isnt sure she will come down this far ..

Surely worth a cheeky little enquiry in the summer and maybe try to tempt her down for a trip to sunny Devon wouldnt be a bad start would it ...

Over to the powers that be :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Agree i think he is 2 good for league 2 , but the conversation i had with him is encouraging as he isnt ruling it out .

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Or is he just saying that? I mean he wouldn't come out, to an Argyle fan, straight after Argyle secured their place in the football league after a horrendous season and say "Nope, I'm not coming back here".

I'm not saying you're lying or that he isn't telling the truth, I hope he does come back, he's been my favourite player this season and is a class above IMO.

Apr 1, 2009
Is it the case that Macca's loan ends before the Cheltenham game? This was certainly rumoured by some a couple of months back.

PlymouthLoyal":37jkhn4l said:
I dont expect we'll see him back here next season, far too good for league 2.

Really? Yes, a good player but saying far too good for league 2 is hyping him up a bit too much.

I think he will probably leave Burnley and end up at a northern club in league one like Preston/Tranmere.

Apr 3, 2010
Yes he is too good for this league, he could be at a club chasing promotion in L1 and he'd comfortably be in the mix for selection most weeks.

He played 7 or 8 times in the championship this season and apparently did a good job ...

L

lloyd_down_under

Will be interesting to see whether he plays in the next two games. Might indicate whether he'll be here longer-term.

Mar 21, 2008
Good player, but can't really say he's way too good for league 2 when there are players like Carayol etc down here

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Ade the green":pn2of7h5 said:
Graham Evans":pn2of7h5 said:
Love to see him back next season , not very likely though.

two words: David Norris

Me and my dad have said that a couple of times. He's stocky, runs a lot and has got a good shot on him. Would love to have him here next season but I think he'll end up at a league 1 club, or even somewhere like fleetwood - closer to Burnley and they have a bit of cash.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Would love him here next season. If that's not possible then we move to our next target on the short list and hopefully now that our budget may be on the generous side for L2 standards we should stand a good chance of getting some quality in should we need it.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Tugboat":18it62yj said:
Would love him here next season. If that's not possible then we move to our next target on the short list and hopefully now that our budget may be on the generous side for L2 standards we should stand a good chance of getting some quality in should we need it.

If you don't ask you don't get :scarf:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Mike Greening":3bqzoc73 said:
Tugboat":3bqzoc73 said:

If you don't ask you don't get :scarf:

Can i have £20?