Alex Fletcher leaving. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Alex Fletcher leaving.

Mar 29, 2020
He will go somewhere that will give him a good chance....then 5 years time he will come back and play against us and score a hatrick then people will say we should have kept him...

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
macleanie":2bbyvx8i said:
Interesting that some players are being informed of their fate, more is sure to become clear in the next few days/weeks.

As for Fletcher, right decision. Can't see this one coming back to bite us. He had plenty of chances and was incredibly underwhelming. Just not good enough at this level. I would say that maybe National League is best but he's not big enough either. Good luck to him.

I am inclined to agree with your thoughts. The guy went out on loan enough times at a level below League 2 but nevertheless failed to 'pull up trees' on those team's pitches.. Will the likes of Weymouth come clambouring for his signature? I don't know.

Apr 1, 2009
Steve Evans":9pjqr47f said:
Argyleloyal87":9pjqr47f said:
Alex Fletcher has announced on Instagram that he is leaving.
sorry to read this.superb player badly managed by the ghastly mister sheridan.he will play against us soon i think.

Please explain more Steve. Puzzled because Fletcher was only just past his 17th birthday when Sheridan left.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
macleanie":3l2pgjzh said:
Interesting that some players are being informed of their fate, more is sure to become clear in the next few days/weeks..

From memory the youth players, first year pros and second year pros tend to be dealt with ahead of the first team squad. I can’t imagine anything will be announced re first teamers until official confirmation of which division we’ll be in next year.

As for Fletcher, correct decision for me. Jephcott’s emergence was the final nail in the coffin I think. I don’t much fancy Lolos’ chances of making it best for the same reason.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Fletcher's one month loan at Aldershot earlier in the season wasn't renewed but he joined Tiverton and did well, regularly scoring goals so perhaps he's found his level.

There's a good size list at Argyle over the years of promising young strikers (Harvey, Rooney, Yetton and now Fletcher) who never made it, either because they are not good enough or better more experienced strikers are preferred in a promotion/relegation battle.

And then there's Reuben Reid and Ashley Barnes who moved away and did really well, Reid actually returned.

I think at Lowe's interview for the Argyle job it was impressed on him that young players should be given a chance and despite chasing promotion he's done exactly that and included Randell, Lolos, Cleal, Wilson, Boyd and of course Jephcott and Cooper in the first team squad.

If they're good enough fans really want to see young local players come into the first team set-up. The club are gearing up the Academy to produce more first team players and given the financial circumstances caused by the coronavirus it's the way forward.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":3f2tp9of said:
sorry to read this.superb player badly managed by the ghastly mister sheridan.he will play against us soon i think.

I wish him the absolute best but that's vanishingly unlikely, especially if we're in League One.

It's worth noting again that being really, really good at football doesn't actually mean that much when the margins are this fine and there is now so much to being a professional at the relatively very high level of the Football League.

If Alex Fletcher came and played five-a-side with me I'd probably think he was a superhuman and the best footballer I'd ever seen in my life. Luke Jephcott could turn up and be merely very good, but it's Jephcott that is the more effective League forward.

As always though. sincerely hope he proves people wrong :thumbup:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":3upsvuom said:
Fletcher's one month loan at Aldershot earlier in the season wasn't renewed but he joined Tiverton and did well, regularly scoring goals so perhaps he's found his level.

There's a good size list at Argyle over the years of promising young strikers (Harvey, Rooney, Yetton and now Fletcher) who never made it, either because they are not good enough or better more experienced strikers are preferred in a promotion/relegation battle.

And then there's Reuben Reid and Ashley Barnes who moved away and did really well, Reid actually returned.

I think at Lowe's interview for the Argyle job it was impressed on him that young players should be given a chance and despite chasing promotion he's done exactly that and included Randell, Lolos, Cleal, Wilson, Boyd and of course Jephcott and Cooper in the first team squad.

If they're good enough fans really want to see young local players come into the first team set-up. The club are gearing up the Academy to produce more first team players and given the financial circumstances caused by the coronavirus it's the way forward.
I would add Alex Battle to your list. He probably scored more goals for our Academy teams from age 14 than any of the others mentioned.
He was released at the end of last season and I think he went to Truro like Jephcott but I don’t think that he featured very often.
I still have this suspicion that Ryan Lowe could have re-ignited his career. A natural goal scorer.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Imagine we will see quite a few announcements now the season has 'ended'. In the podcast RL did he said he was unsure so could end up playing kids if the season was extended and contracts expired etc. Now we have an answer they can start planning for next season in terms of shipping out.

Maybe recruitment will need to wait until we know what league we will be playing in but promotion chasing L2 team or consolidating L1 team, RL will know what he doesnt want/need so the clear out can begin.

All the best to AF, hope he finds a level where he can compete and enjoy football and make a career from it.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Nobby":auknkgll said:
macleanie":auknkgll said:
Interesting that some players are being informed of their fate, more is sure to become clear in the next few days/weeks..

From memory the youth players, first year pros and second year pros tend to be dealt with ahead of the first team squad. I can’t imagine anything will be announced re first teamers until official confirmation of which division we’ll be in next year.

As for Fletcher, correct decision for me. Jephcott’s emergence was the final nail in the coffin I think. I don’t much fancy Lolos’ chances of making it best for the same reason.

Exactly how I see it too.

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion Lolos will get another year to prove himself.

Oct 31, 2015
Sorry to hear this but understandable. Looked to be a future 1st teamer but didn't quite cut it when his chance came.

I see some having a go at DA about his system but this lad didn't do it under RL either so 2 X managers and coaching staff felt he was not good enough for whatever reason.

Good luck Alex and thank you

C

Cult Of Personality

Shame about Fletcher when he came on last season at Stanley he looked like the only player who gave a dam. And went onto to score.

But he was a bit to small for the football league. I think you will probably see him at Parkway in a years

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cult Of Personality":5bdlclbn said:
Shame about Fletcher when he came on last season at Stanley he looked like the only player who gave a dam. And went onto to score.

But he was a bit to small for the football league. I think you will probably see him at Parkway in a years
He came on as a sub for Ryan Taylor in the 85th minute. Our goal was an own goal although the defender was possibly under pressure from Alex.

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Argyleloyal87":15asopk0 said:
Alex Fletcher has announced on Instagram that he is leaving.
I have watched Argyle for more than 50years. And seen plenty of c**p players home & away playing for argyle. Alex does not come in that category. Good luck we’re ever you go, and remember don’t give up.

Jul 6, 2011
A good player who was not given real opportunities, for me like Harvey and Alex Battle. I reckon he will come back and bite us one day. No one can score 2 goals against a Chelsea team filled with future (now) premier and international standard players and not be up to the level, that's ridiculous thinking.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Good Luck Alex

Brian - probably worth checking that Chelsea line up again. Not quite the star studded line up you think. Also the Argyle team that night had a very first team look about it too. He had a good night bit let's not get carried away.