Adams... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams...

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
To be fair GA84, since seemingly your posts are never what one might call balanced, it seems a little rich now to claim a backing which might have contained any element or risk of judgement.

Annnnnnyhow, I don't think it's too unfair of Rovers to be aggrieved by DA's dark arts. I wouldn't say DA's teams are by any means dirty, but they do yap to the ref a lot, time waste and go down easy, though in particular that'd be Carey and Sonny typically. And with Carey you can kind of understand why, given the treatment he gets.

Nov 3, 2006
Surprised by the lack of understanding of the game that is modern football by Rovers fans. Possession, playing in a nice to watch fashion, whatever you want to call it, doesn't win you football matches.

I read it a lot on other boards about us on almost a weekly basis and have never understood how so many people can get it so wrong. Look at the league table.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Has anyone considered the fact that DA may have been clapping the Rovers fans as a way of acknowledging their support for their team and creating an afternoon of great atmosphere?

DA is exactly the sort of manager that is happy to wind up other managers (which I love) but not the sort to take the pi55 out of any set of fans.

Except perhaps that occasion when he said that Devon is definitely green and white!

May 8, 2011
Green83":33o8ot1e said:
Has anyone considered the fact that DA may have been clapping the Rovers fans as a way of acknowledging their support for their team and creating an afternoon of great atmosphere?

DA is exactly the sort of manager that is happy to wind up other managers (which I love) but not the sort to take the pi55 out of any set of fans.

Except perhaps that occasion when he said that Devon is definitely green and white!

Unless the Rovers fans were shouting ‘there’s only one Derek Adams’ during the game then no.

It is quite unusual for Adams to join the players on a lap of appreciation after home games so I suspect that after the season we have had so far which has rightly been called ‘unprecedented’ and Adams frequent use of the term adversity this week the emotion got to him as it was such a massive result.

Sep 6, 2010
Stowmarket, Suffolk
Carlo":3pfhm86v said:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/425811/derek-adams/#12

Surely not?

There's been no mention of Adams in the hard copy of the EADT that I'm aware of. Plenty of griping about McCarthy though and this has been going on for months now.