Adams - Further sanctions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams - Further sanctions

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
up_the_line":2g5d443p said:
It's starting to become a bit of a pattern for Adams isn't it. It's little wonder you read other clubs message boards and see the same level of disdain as they reserve for Steve Evans. He seems to rub fans and managers of most clubs up the wrong way.
Granted he has come up against some prickly customers but I've always seen Chris Powell as one of the nicest guys in football and fairly unflappable. I read that he accuses Adams of saying something very underhand to one of his players. If so then that's embarrassing.
No doubt some people love his antics and will say its great we have such a dislikable character in charge. I hope you bear that in mind before the visits of Messrs Ainsworth and Evans and allow them similar scope to wind up, make snide remarks and generally behave in an irksome way

You've started your agenda against Adams even earlier this season.

Feb 2, 2007
PL2 3DQ":16zjngjf said:
nick_PASTIE":16zjngjf said:
Jay D was wrong to overreact to the challenge.

Simon Cox was wrong to approach Argyle bench.

Derek was wrong to go out of technical area and allegedly swear at a player in a confrontational manner.

Powell reacted badly to the alleged swearing and he was wrong to rise arms, grab throat or whatever.

The correct sanctions would have been in my view

Red card for out of technical area and abusive language for Derek
Red card for raising arms for Powell.
Yellow card for Cox for being a twit. Or red if he swore at Derek.

Has it been proven Adams swore? Because he never swears.

Powell has alleged it and reckons it will be on Derek's conscience. Not proven but depends what fourth official told ref which will be in his report.

Feb 2, 2007
PL2 3DQ":1y11btpt said:
up_the_line":1y11btpt said:
It's starting to become a bit of a pattern for Adams isn't it. It's little wonder you read other clubs message boards and see the same level of disdain as they reserve for Steve Evans. He seems to rub fans and managers of most clubs up the wrong way.
Granted he has come up against some prickly customers but I've always seen Chris Powell as one of the nicest guys in football and fairly unflappable. I read that he accuses Adams of saying something very underhand to one of his players. If so then that's embarrassing.
No doubt some people love his antics and will say its great we have such a dislikable character in charge. I hope you bear that in mind before the visits of Messrs Ainsworth and Evans and allow them similar scope to wind up, make snide remarks and generally behave in an irksome way

You've started your agenda against Adams even earlier this season.

UTL can we have a manifesto as to who should run Argyle and who should be the Manager? What's your alternative?

Michael Appleton is on the market is that your solution?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Watching some of that defending yesterday would make a saint swear.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":2g8g1l4m said:
How does a temper help? And you don't have to be particularly brighthe to wind Evans up.

It's a fiery edge, the product of an immense will to win. See Messers Clough, Ferguson, Mourinho, Mancini...virtually every serial winner in football over the decades.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's been sent off for us in over 3 seasons in charge, therefore I'm not sure how it's apparently becoming a 'pattern'.

Aug 5, 2016
nick_PASTIE":3q2a5buv said:
Jay D was wrong to overreact to the challenge.

Simon Cox was wrong to approach Argyle bench.

Derek was wrong to go out of technical area and allegedly swear at a player in a confrontational manner.

Powell reacted badly to the alleged swearing and he was wrong to rise arms, grab throat or whatever.

The correct sanctions would have been in my view

Red card for out of technical area and abusive language for Derek
Red card for raising arms for Powell.
Yellow card for Cox for being a twit. Or red if he swore at Derek.

If a red card was issued for 'abusive language' the game would end 6 a side.

The referees themselves are often called every name under the sun, never mind what the players and managers say to one another.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge":2hwn9u0q said:
I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's been sent off for us in over 3 seasons in charge, therefore I'm not sure how it's apparently becoming a 'pattern'.

Not him being sent off, oooooobviously
More the almost weekly bust ups with opposition managers
We're quick to point the finger at Ainsworth, Evans, Ferguson and now probably Powell but there's a common denominator. I'd rather Adams got our players fired up to put in a gut busting performance than routinely getting into spats on the touchline.
If Ainsworth goes into wind up mode when Wycombe visit I hope not to hear too much complaining from the same people who would applaud Adams for his antics

May 8, 2011
up_the_line":3349jppc said:
Cobi Budge":3349jppc said:

We're quick to point the finger at Ainsworth, Evans, Ferguson and now probably Powell but there's a common denominator. I'd rather Adams got our players fired up to put in a gut busting performance than routinely getting into spats on the touchline.
If Ainsworth goes into wind up mode when Wycombe visit I hope not to hear too much complaining from the same people who would applaud Adams for his antics

When you say ‘almost weekly’ you actually mean not very often. Most opposition managers don’t agree with his post match summaries not his actions. Can’t remember the last time we’ve seen Adams so animated at a match.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
HC Green":2vlepdrg said:
up_the_line":2vlepdrg said:
Cobi Budge":2vlepdrg said:

When you say ‘almost weekly’ you actually mean not very often. Most opposition managers don’t agree with his post match summaries not his actions. Can’t remember the last time we’ve seen Adams so animated at a match.

I can remember him this animated. When he inflamed an already volatile situation by sarcastically waving at the Bristol Rovers fans without a thought for the security staff etc who were already dealing with a very angry mob.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Get a grip ffs UTL.

You seem hell bent on berating anything remotely negative to do with Argyle.

Why even bother with Argyle at all i it makes you so miserable?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There's a double negative in your second paragraph Tuggers.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Tugboat":2np5h81u said:
Get a grip ffs UTL.

You seem hell bent on berating anything remotely negative to do with Argyle.

Why even bother with Argyle at all i it makes you so miserable?

All I'm saying is we could do with Adams toning down his wind up tactics and theatrics. I'd prefer him not to be getting on the wrong side of every other club we play and making us a team they love to beat. As I said Powell is regarded as one of football's nice guys, I can't imagine he'd have tried to strangle Adams without verbal provocation. Players winding each other up happens I get it, but managers should be able to reign it in