Actually we do care !!! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Actually we do care !!!

Nov 16, 2006
For all the frustration many are feeling at this moment in time, the disappointments, the false dawns and those who post their emotive thoughts such as "I'm gone past caring", " I don't worry anyone" or "I've given up", the truth is we do care, we do worry over our future and we keep coming back.
Are the fans being heard ? What is the true ambition of PAFC ? I saw my first game over 50 years ago and have longed to see the possibility of at least one season in the top league of English football. Is the dream over ? No !! As long as I can still get to home park I will, I will still stand and clap my team on the pitch, I will still have a lump in my throat and I will still have hope, and I feel in truth that you are no different .
But I do care, I care that we don't lose our football league status, I care that the generations following will enjoy 50 plus years of league football at HP and that one day somebody will see Man U, Arsenal and the rest run out on HP. I care enough to say that we do need a change of vision and direction in the management set up and not just for today, but for the future generations may it happen now.

Jul 29, 2010
......and that's what the uber fans don't get, being anything less than thigh strikingly happy clappy DOESN'T mean you stopped caring or you're disloyal. Criticism IS caring, demanding better is good, and simply accepting mediocrity is not being supportive.

B

bandwagon

I'm not happy with alot of things down there but it's not as if I will go and support another football club - I think my stance has some moral fibre plus 200 miles round trip for a homer is a kick in the nuts when it comes to it!! All I ask is that Mr Brent shows some leadership and you know who does one!!

Sep 26, 2009
SHERBORNE
Well said onthegreen, couldn't agree more!

I'm a season ticket holder and like Bandwagon travel 200 mile round trip to Home Park.
Havng followed Argyle for 45 years,it really tests my willpower (and finances) to make
that journey at present with the state of the entertainment on show!
Yes I've seen poor teams in the past but that doesn't make it any easier to make the
trips now.

But I do care and I hope and pray that maybe changes will be made to make saturdays and tuesday nights enjoyable once again.

Please Mr Brent,do the right thing and make the change this club needs now!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I'll never forget at Dave Smith's home debut as manager, he came on the pitch and waved and the crowd cheered, my then 'life partner' (not Mrs Pogle) turned to me and said: 'Are you crying? you're crying aren't you? Why are you crying? It's only a football match'.

She thought it was hilarious (she was very understanding about it tbh) but I've NEVER forgotten that moment and it's filed away in the thousands of memorable moments that Argyle have given me over the years!! this is a blip! we ARE on the way to the Premier!! :scarf:

:cry: :funny:

B

bandwagon

greendan47":2mj5suyv said:
Well said onthegreen, couldn't agree more!

I'm a season ticket holder and like Bandwagon travel 200 mile round trip to Home Park.
Havng followed Argyle for 45 years,it really tests my willpower (and finances) to make
that journey at present with the state of the entertainment on show!
Yes I've seen poor teams in the past but that doesn't make it any easier to make the
trips now.

But I do care and I hope and pray that maybe changes will be made to make saturdays and tuesday nights enjoyable once again.

Please Mr Brent,do the right thing and make the change this club needs now!

That's the spirit Malc - you deserve a medal for you persistance!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :stout: :grin:

B

bandwagon

Just to put it in perspective, 3 seasons ago there were 7 ST holders in sleepy Sherborne (4 in my household) and most of those were 9 years plus - now I know of only 2, I'm not one, sorry chaps but this is symptomatic of the grind that has been going on now for 5 years and I would not say it's the costs involved!! There were times when we could get 15 on the trains when we met the lads from Oxford, Basingstoke, Andover & Axminster etc - now it's hard enough to get 4 on the Groupsave tickets!! My fear is that the grind has gone on and been so deep that the floaters will not be as will as in the past to be strung along - the club have got to build some belief, they have to initiate it not the fans!!

Jul 6, 2011
bandwagon":3v3hfer6 said:
Just to put it in perspective, 3 seasons ago there were 7 ST holders in sleepy Sherborne (4 in my household) and most of those were 9 years plus - now I know of only 2, I'm not one, sorry chaps but this is symptomatic of the grind that has been going on now for 5 years and I would not say it's the costs involved!! There were times when we could get 15 on the trains when we met the lads from Oxford, Basingstoke, Andover & Axminster etc - now it's hard enough to get 4 on the Groupsave tickets!! My fear is that the grind has gone on and been so deep that the floaters will not be as will as in the past to be strung along - the club have got to build some belief, they have to initiate it not the fans!!

I do agree this is symptomatic of what's been going on for some years now, probably since holloways time. He gave us a teaspoon of the good stuff and threw the rest away, then sturrock let us down and we've never got over it.
A winning run and everything would be roses again. It has to begin with a positive performance tonight.