A question for the Trust leaders. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A question for the Trust leaders.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
I'm not one to stir the brown stuff generally but I feel it is important that the integrity of the Trust is protected.

Therefore, as a Trust member who renewed last weekend (Andrew Gilbert - don't have my membership number to hand) I would like to know if it is true that a member of the elected board posted as Deepthroat on the IJN membership thread. At the time I believed that others were attacking the Trust and that individual squabbles were irrelevant. Now I'm not so sure.

I hope that it isnt true and that all members of the board can deny doing so. If not then perhaps the elected member could own up...

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
gil":3dc0isjm said:
I'm not one to stir the brown stuff generally but I feel it is important that the integrity of the Trust is protected.

Therefore, as a Trust member who renewed last weekend (Andrew Gilbert - don't have my membership number to hand) I would like to know if it is true that a member of the elected board posted as Deepthroat on the IJN membership thread. At the time I believed that others were attacking the Trust and that individual squabbles were irrelevant. Now I'm not so sure.

I hope that it isnt true and that all members of the board can deny doing so. If not then perhaps the elected member could own up...

Any Trust Leader involved in the Deepthroat saga should resign now.

T

Tim Chown

Personally, the first I knew that Deep Throat was a multi-user account was when the mods disclosed the fact.

I'm sure the Trust board will be able to make a statement soon, but at least one of us is away and not reachable this weekend, so it's unlikely we can do so before Sunday night at the earliest.

I would add that we have discussed setting up a dedicated Trust forum. While there are some technical and logistical issues with doing so, I would imagine the biggest challenge would most likely be moderating it.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
Thanks for your honesty Tim. I'm not sure that a collective board statement is what is needed though. From my perspective I would like any board member who did use the account to come clean for the good of the Trust. If the mods are wrong though surely a denial from each individual board member would be the way forward.

Its a question of trust in those representing us.

G

Gareth Nicholson

I will post this on the Trust thread too, seeing as I note that Green Thing implied that a Trust Board member not replying to a question in 47 minutes constitutes something like an admission of guilt. It's Saturday, I have better things to do, my voice is done and I want to relax, so I don't plan on revisiting this unless absolutely necessary.

For [people] who have stated bluntly that a Trust Board member posted as Deep Throat, I do not believe that has been stated anywhere and I should be grateful for proof if I am mistaken. I'm not having a pop at you; I'm just suggesting that you might be mistaken, as may I be.

The Mod who posts as 'Daniel Pasoti' stated that it was 'a Trust Leader' on page 3 of this thread. I replied (on page 4 of this thread):

I assume 'Trust leaders' to be those elected to currently serve on the board of the Trust. Which one of us are you saying did it?

That question has not been answered. In that time, a number of people, [deleted] have made the assumption that it was a Trust Board member.

I do not believe that to have been established at this time. I do not believe that a current, elected Trust Board member would do what has been accused.

If I am wrong, it will be something that the Trust will have to deal with. But please don't make assumptions based on some people deciding to drip-feed information. Don't speculate based on a hinted suggestion in a way that is damaging personal and organisational reputations.

I would have thought the Mods should be the first people who understand the ramifications of doing that as it potentially undermines a lot of good things that have been done.

Edited to remove references to individuals.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
I'm sorry Gareth I started the thread so that assumptions did not continue to be made based on the drip feeding of information.

I felt that as it seems all board members use the site bar one it would be relatively easy for each to individually deny being the DT poster the other night. If the mods are wrong then it should be highlighted

It is support for the concept of a Trust and the organisation as a whole which prompted me to start the thread. Not an attack on the trust!

G

Gareth Nicholson

gil":3965cw2l said:
I'm sorry Gareth I started the thread so that assumptions did not continue to be made based on the drip feeding of information.

I felt that as it seems all board members use the site bar one it would be relatively easy for each to individually deny being the DT poster the other night. If the mods are wrong then it should be highlighted

It is support for the concept of a Trust and the organisation as a whole which prompted me to start the thread. Not an attack on the trust!

I accept that Gil, but unless confirmed by a Mod that it was a currently elected Board member of the Trust, not someone who is a Trust member and may be a 'prominent poster' on here, not someone who had a role before but doesn't now (both of these could be said to fit the label of 'Trust Leader'), i think it only harms us. And by 'us' I mean fans and their ability to scrutinise a club in general, and me and my colleagues specifically.

D

Daniel Pasoti

Gareth, to clarify for you as I have posted it on several of the threads. It was a current elected board member I.e not Chris Webb.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
Gareth Nicholson":2062zytz said:
gil":2062zytz said:

I accept that Gil, but unless confirmed by a Mod that it was a currently elected Board member of the Trust, not someone who is a Trust member and may be a 'prominent poster' on here, not someone who had a role before but doesn't now (both of these could be said to fit the label of 'Trust Leader'), i think it only harms us. And by 'us' I mean fans and their ability to scrutinise a club in general, and me and my colleagues specifically.

Agreed to a point. But I don't really give too much of a flying one if it is anyone else so long as it isn't one of the current elected leaders and I suspect many members may feel the same.

If you guys all say it wasn't down to you then that would be good enough for me. You guys have signed up to the rules and regulations etc of a now official organisation and it is incumbent upon you to tell the truth. Therefore I can place somewhat more trust in what you say than the mods of pasoti. And that isnt to call the mods liars, before I am chastised for that.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Now surely it is time for Wozzer the chairman of the trust to come out and show some leadership and make a factual statement on this whole issue, it is making the members of the trust committee look like a mickey mouse outfit.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Daniel Pasoti":18395oj9 said:
Gareth, to clarify for you as I have posted it on several of the threads. It was a current elected board member I.e not Chris Webb.

Thanks for the clarification. I have not implied that it was Chris and I have not one iota of suspicion that it was.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Gareth Nicholson":2pvec53h said:
gil":2pvec53h said:

I am sorry Gareth, but as you can now see from both Daniel and Green Thing, what I and others have said is confirmed. I have not named the individual as I am not a Mod or a Trust Board member so cant be 100% positive, but I will say the name is known to many as it was doing the rounds at Swindon this afternoon.

For the sake of clarity, Ed Shillabear was the only Trust Board member I saw today and he was preoccupied trying to find his way into the ground:)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
For clarity Tony, My 'silence is deafening' was not pointing the finger at anyone in particular. I posted it as I felt that the trust should have confirmed or denied whether it was a Trust member. Since then, it has been confirmed that the silence is due to not all Trust Board members being available for them to get to the bottom of it. Until that time it would be unfair for them to comment, which I fully accept.

Just a side note, it has been mentioned that mods shouldn't have multiple accounts. I haven't got a separate mod and user account, but this highlights why some do. I posted a comment as myself, but as I'm also a mod, it was taken that I was hinting at who it was, which was wide of the mark.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
GreenThing":21nma7i0 said:
For clarity Tony, My 'silence is deafening' was not pointing the finger at anyone in particular. I posted it as I felt that the trust should have confirmed or denied whether it was a Trust member. Since then, it has been confirmed that the silence is due to not all Trust Board members being available for them to get to the bottom of it. Until that time it would be unfair for them to comment, which I fully accept.

Just a side note, it has been mentioned that mods shouldn't have multiple accounts. I haven't got a separate mod and user account, but this highlights why some do. I posted a comment as myself, but as I'm also a mod, it was taken that I was hinting at who it was, which was wide of the mark.

GT I do empathise with you.

I was only trying to clarify that as a mere mortal I couldnt possibly be 100% sure, only the Mods who oversee the site and the author of the posts could.

Although it is clear to me now that there are so many people who "know" the charade of silence from the author is not sustainable. On a human level I do feel sympathy for them, to get yourself in to such a state is not healthy. But the integrity of the site is at stake and having taken a few bashes recently the quicker this is out in the open the quicker we can all move on.