A couple of suggestions.. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A couple of suggestions..

May 22, 2006
After 50 years of supporting Argyle I feel totally sick about our current position. A couple of suggestions:

James Brent has been with us for over a year and yet we keep on hearing about his lack of football experience. Go and get some advice. Spend a couple of days with John Madjeski and pick his brains about running a successful club. They opened a new ground with facilities to produce revenue. It's the Christmas season and yet we have a kit that is so bad nobody in their right mind would buy it. We seem intent on repeating this for next year. Any income is important. Go and find out how to run a football club. It might even be worth popping down to Swansea as they were in a similar position to us not long ago.

Our crowds are falling due to continued poor results. This is resulting in the loss of a major income stream which can only make things more difficult. The results are due to a complete lack of management and coaching experience. These appointments were made by Ridsdale of whom I can only feel contempt. The fact that the Riddler did not want JB only increases my expectations that JB is a good, honest man who is trying to help out. I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories that JB is here to make a fotune from football. He just doesn't come across as that stupid and seems to be doing well elsewhere in other businesses. I would like to see any remaining legacy with Ridsdale purged from our club (I appreciate other respected posters suggest that PR did some good things for the club but I can only view them as a bi product of his own greed). The things that I now associate with Ridsdale are the appointments of Fletch and Ro and the signing of Feeney. That may be harsh on individuals and irrational. Fletcher is producing better football but not results. His lack of experience is costing us. It was interesting to see Alfreton Town in the FA Cup last weekend on the box. Nicky Law had them playing some good football and that is the right place to learn your trade. Fletcher may be a good manager one day but we cannot afford Argyle to drop a level for him to gain more experience. Ro is a legend but so is Paul Mariner and we know how well we did under his coaching / management. I still actually have some respect for Fletch & Ro but Argyle are more important to me than him.

We need management and coaching experience. At our current level John Ward would be a suitable candidate but were he to be appointed as D of F it could lead to internal conflict and failure. Businesses cannot be run effectively by committees and strong leadership is the current order of the day.

Nov 12, 2012
Amen - spot on "Fletcher is producing better football but not results. His lack of experience is costing us. It was interesting to see Alfreton Town in the FA Cup last weekend on the box. Nicky Law had them playing some good football and that is the right place to learn your trade. *Fletcher may be a good manager one day but we cannot afford Argyle to drop a level for him to gain more experience".

Well stated. NOT so well stated "Businesses cannot be run effectively by committees and strong leadership is the current order of the day". I beg to differ Strong leadership is exactly what we need, clear direction and communication to fans.

mattym":1d5zd5v0 said:
Amen - spot on "Fletcher is producing better football but not results. His lack of experience is costing us. It was interesting to see Alfreton Town in the FA Cup last weekend on the box. Nicky Law had them playing some good football and that is the right place to learn your trade. *Fletcher may be a good manager one day but we cannot afford Argyle to drop a level for him to gain more experience".

Well stated. NOT so well stated "Businesses cannot be run effectively by committees and strong leadership is the current order of the day". I beg to differ Strong leadership is exactly what we need, clear direction and communication to fans.

Isn't that what he's saying?