80% !!!! - It's no wonder the fan base is shrinking | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

80% !!!! - It's no wonder the fan base is shrinking

Nov 16, 2006
Just checked the last three seasons, matches played at home 69, failed to win 71% resulted in two relegations and one narrow escape!
So far this season failed to win 80% of home matches and 80% of all matches. It matters not how well we are playing with these stats we will be relegated ! - need we say more ?

Funny, I was thinking about this very thing this morning, even in the dark days of the early 80's & mid nineties I can never remember our home form being so poor. Where did it all go so wrong, I think it stems back to the championship when we became unable to break down well organised defensive teams at home and it seems to have gone from bad to worse from there...

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
This was something I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
Historically, home wins were much more expected. I guess teams used to be ultra defensive away from home. It was unusual to see Argyle with more than six home defeats a season (even in the poor seasons).

However, times have changed and over the last few years there are alot more away wins than there ever used to be.

I don't have the stats to hand but there's a high percentage of away wins in this decision this season and to a certain extent in the other two divisions.
Therefore, although given Argyle's current situation the number of home losses is magnified, but This is also mirrored to other teams too, even the ones near the top.

B

bandwagon

onthegreen":1whk2kqt said:
Just checked the last three seasons, matches played at home 69, failed to win 71% resulted in two relegations and one narrow escape!
So far this season failed to win 80% of home matches and 80% of all matches. It matters not how well we are playing with these stats we will be relegated ! - need we say more ?

I think that justified my last ST being 3 seasons ago - may not be all Brent's fault but he knew what he was getting into, surely?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Our fifth successive season fighting relegation and during that time there have been 102 home league games - won 29, drawn 27, lost 46.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Aug 13, 2011
Norwich Green":1plr0iwq said:
Funny, I was thinking about this very thing this morning, even in the dark days of the early 80's & mid nineties I can never remember our home form being so poor. Where did it all go so wrong, I think it stems back to the championship when we became unable to break down well organised defensive teams at home and it seems to have gone from bad to worse from there...

It's more to do with our midfield since the days of Buzsacky, Norris, Lalis etc has never been good. We need an injection of quality in there. We win away catching teams on the break, At home you should dominate and build up sustained pressure from the midfield which is something Argyle have rarely been adept, in fact totally inept at, since the 'Great Stapleton Sale Bonanza'.

It can't possibly be to do with we started losing a few and it's stuck. that's laughable really.

gariboldi":35aq2uw7 said:
Norwich Green":35aq2uw7 said:

It's more to do with our midfield since the days of Buzsacky, Norris, Lalis etc has never been good. We need an injection of quality in there. We win away catching teams on the break, At home you should dominate and build up sustained pressure from the midfield which is something Argyle have rarely been adept, in fact totally inept at, since the 'Great Stapleton Sale Bonanza'.

It can't possibly be to do with we started losing a few and it's stuck. that's laughable really.

Wasn't actually implying that a few home defeats in the Championship were the start of our demise, but the poor home form started then and we have never recovered it, but your right about the midfield, lack of creativity is a major factor.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
You can have as much creativity as you like but you still need a goalscorer or two to stick that creativity in the back of the net.We lack a potent strikeforce. even at this level the strikers are not striking,the midfielders are not creating and the defenders are not defending.Hence 20th in the league.

T

Tim Chown

PL2 3DQ":i229zpeh said:
Our fifth successive season fighting relegation and during that time there have been 102 home league games - won 29, drawn 27, lost 46.

It's grim.

Funny thing is the away form hasn't been so bad.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Owen thrived on service of partner, now its more about single strikers. Why? Probably to do with importance of winning midfield possession
@alistairmagowan 1 day ago

During a bad season or 3 the stats can be used to highlight any major problem.

Poor home form (and away actually) because we have a team that is struggling because we cannot reinforce because we have no money because some knobs spent it all and spent what we didn't have.

Did we have a queue of buyers scrambling to buy the club NO!!! We had a dodgy ''Chucky'' and an inept administrator and a ''coastal path walker'' until JB stepped in.

FFS give the guy a chance will you ??? :furious: