5 years ago today | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

5 years ago today

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
5 years ago today Ian Holloway walked out on Argyle for Leicester. 1 admin and 2 relegations later we'd do anything to have those days back!

G

Greenskin

Lundan Cabbie":2ynidan2 said:
Whatever happened to him? :greensmile:

I think he's at some tin pot club in South London now. :lol:

Feb 21, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":22vzzq71 said:
He just walked out on another contract, and is currently talking up his latest club apparently he wants to paint some south London landmark red and blue.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
BadBoy":s0nh0rcj said:
Lundan Cabbie":s0nh0rcj said:
He just walked out on another contract, and is currently talking up his latest club apparently he wants to paint some south London landmark red and blue.

Hate to think which landmark you mean. He didn't walk out on Blackpool though. Palace approached their chairman who allowed Ollie to speak with them and then compensation was paid. Nothing underhand whatsoever.

Jul 29, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":1faiadrh said:
BadBoy":1faiadrh said:
Lundan Cabbie":1faiadrh said:

Hate to think which landmark you mean. He didn't walk out on Blackpool though. Palace approached their chairman who allowed Ollie to speak with them and then compensation was paid. Nothing underhand whatsoever.

You sure there wasn't any 'encouragement' for Palace to make contact, any 'clues' that Hollowords might be interested? There are a lot of service stations between London and Blackpool.

I'd wish us back to the championship in a heartbeat but I'd never wish to be associated with that back stabbing two faced brizzle spiv. He may be good, he may well have been proved right about Argyle since but he led me into his taxi only to leave me as chuffed as a badger at the start of culling season. He lied to us, he left us high and dry having only days previously told us his blood ran green.

He burst our bubble and took our innocence, he's the football dream equivalent of a certain BBC children's presenter and for that he can never be forgiven.

If I wish any former manager back it'd be every single other manager and caretaker manager first headed by Luggy all the way down to the ill fated 'Team Nisbet/Gillett' (one for the pub quizers there). If every single one of them were unavailable I'd then fold the club before taking him back.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Nisbet/Gillett, caretaker managers after Dan Mac sacked David Kemp. Both replaced by Shilton. If memory serves!

Back to holloway, his leaving hurt more than any manager before or since.

B

bandwagon

Hollowhead was a self-promoting, two-faced merchant - also quite a good mananger!!
'Where d'ya fancy next luv'?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Never be taken in by anyone who claims to have green blood if they have at sometime in their past held another club close to their heart. We as football fans know that you can only really have one club in your heart and you can never really change. If any manager tells you different then take it with a pinch of salt.

Ollie wanted to go in a different direction than the board. It was as simple as that and I can't see why a lot of my Argyle friends still can't see that.