4 teams worse than us? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

4 teams worse than us?

Jan 6, 2004
We are the worst team in the league- it is all very well saying we only need to win x number of games but that is true of every team and after nearly a third of a season it is fairly evident we are the worst team based on results, performances and every other measure you can think of, so as things stand it is not going to happen.

We have one or two flair players in midfield but they cannot perform without solid defensive foundations, which we don't have.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The-Pilgrim":kmgg47xj said:
I thought we were better than Wycombe. Problem is with their style of play they will 'manage' games that they go ahead in and pick up points that way.

Really?

Thought they dominated the second half, played some nice passing football & were unlucky not to win. Cleanest I've ever seen a Wycombe side play.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think Ainsworth is a competent manager, used to working in a small budget.

Mar 18, 2006
I am yet to see a team worse than us this season. Wimbledon weren’t great, but if Jervis hadn’t missed from half a yard I rather fancy that we would have lost that game too.

Aug 13, 2011
No we are bottom on merit!!

But it's a marathon and not a sprint and I hope wise dealings in January save us long term. The risk is being too far adrift.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
gariboldi":35q6mbl5 said:

But it's a marathon and not a sprint and I hope wise dealings in January save us long term. The risk is being too far adrift.

Would there be a budget available in January. Or just an acceptance of doom a go for bust splurge.

Aug 13, 2011
PAFC Norfolk":1mgd42n5 said:
gariboldi":1mgd42n5 said:

Would there be a budget available in January. Or just an acceptance of doom a go for bust splurge.

By saving us from the drop it will save money because we'd have healthier gates in Div 1. The Board have to realise that..its the cutting your nose to spite your face situation if they penny pinch in Jan.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
There probably are 4 teams that are worse than us.
Unfortunately they're probably in Papua New Guinea

Aug 13, 2011
up_the_line":15wwr9v2 said:

Hee hee. Tbh I think a Wolves supporter I know who went once to Argyle this season, the Doncaster game, summed it up for me. He said you attack with the skill of a Championship side but defend like a non league team. I liked that description. The second part is particularly accurate.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
gariboldi":3aeonjz8 said:
up_the_line":3aeonjz8 said:

Hee hee. Tbh I think a Wolves supporter I know who went once to Argyle this season, the Doncaster game, summed it up for me. He said you attack with the skill of a Championship side but defend like a non league team. I liked that description. The second part is particularly accurate.

Perhaps Adams' much maligned comments about his forward line were correct then?

R

rdr123

At the moment we are the worst team. Wycombe look weak and it was a game we should have won. Wimbledon look equal to us and luckily we got the 3 points. Burton didn't look like anything special but generally looked more comfortable on the ball than as. Can't think of any other teams that looked worse than us. So as it stands we deserve to be where we are with this current group of disjointed players.

Sep 30, 2018
It shows at this level, that losing Bradley, vyner, threlkeld and Taylor at his best, has basically made us league two bound again, where as last season, they made the difference in the long run. Who's gonna do it this time for us? Ladapo can't do it on his own.