2,300 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
I paid for last night a few weeks ago.

Yesterday morning I learnt that our granddaughter was staying overnight. The choices were: do I stay at home, even though I've paid, and spend some quality time with her, or do I spend the evening out in the cold and wet watching a bunch of clowns pretending to be professional footballers and leaving the ground utterly miserable yet again. No contest.

My seat was paid for but empty.

I smiled to myself when we scored but I never doubted what the final result would be (and I'm usually an optimist!). So glad that I made the right choice.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
Supported Argyle since 1956 through the turnstiles, season ticket holder since 2000,
retired in 2006 made decision to bin sky so that i could afford my season ticket each year because of my love for Argyle.

If it is not sorted out at Argyle before next season, it will be Plymouth Albion or Plymouth Parkway or Return to sky sports, with the money I've saved from my season ticket.
And there are many like me, who will make a similar decision to look elsewhere,even though it hurts, enough is enough.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
happydays69":1qwykxta said:
Supported Argyle since 1956 through the turnstiles, season ticket holder since 2000,
retired in 2006 made decision to bin sky so that i could afford my season ticket each year because of my love for Argyle.

If it is not sorted out at Argyle before next season, it will be Plymouth Albion or Plymouth Parkway or Return to sky sports, with the money I've saved from my season ticket.
And there are many like me, who will make a similar decision to look elsewhere,even though it hurts, enough is enough.
excellent post happy days.this should be read by mr. brent.a supporter for over 50 years is struggling to get the motivation to go. the management trio should be sacked now!

Jul 29, 2010
It's genuinely painful to read things like that, more painful still to realise you fully understand and agree exactly with the sentiment.

I feel next seasons season ticket sales could be plotted on a graph like a piano falling off a cliff.

Lot's of ST renewals and returning ST'ers this year (after boycotting AFC Ridsdale/Heaney) did so with a sense of genuine purpose, genuine support for the idea of resurgam and the new dawning of Argyle. We'd reached rock bottom, we'd rid ourselves of incompetence and self interest and the only way is up.

If we go down, even if we just scrape by again, or if we've still got Fletcher playing the same numbingly uninspiring and easily outwitted gameplan each week people will pull the final straw. When you invested so much hope, even if you didn't have unrealistic expectations about promotion or league placing, the insult of 'more of the same' in terms of poor football and seemingly incompetent governance is massive.

Some will always renew, that's to be expected, some people always vote Tory for example!. But I can hear the sound of thousands of renewal letters being torn up even now, the sound of chickens coming home to roost will follow shortly afterwards as the board FINALLY gets the message.

Dec 3, 2005
Oh how I wish Mr Brent would take a few minutes to read these threads on here, we are talking about the backbone of Argyle, the long standing supporters who have followed Argyle all their lives, on the verge of giving up (me included). Something needs to be done and done soon to stop this rot.

B

BallboyEGS1958

Congratulations to the 2300 + people who attended the Oxford match !!

THATS WHAT I CALL TRUE SUPPORTERS OF ARGYLE

Win or lose they at least support the club they love

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
X Isle":2pdcvmc0 said:
It's genuinely painful to read things like that, more painful still to realise you fully understand and agree exactly with the sentiment.

I feel next seasons season ticket sales could be plotted on a graph like a piano falling off a cliff.

Lot's of ST renewals and returning ST'ers this year (after boycotting AFC Ridsdale/Heaney) did so with a sense of genuine purpose, genuine support for the idea of resurgam and the new dawning of Argyle. We'd reached rock bottom, we'd rid ourselves of incompetence and self interest and the only way is up.

If we go down, even if we just scrape by again, or if we've still got Fletcher playing the same numbingly uninspiring and easily outwitted gameplan each week people will pull the final straw. When you invested so much hope, even if you didn't have unrealistic expectations about promotion or league placing, the insult of 'more of the same' in terms of poor football and seemingly incompetent governance is massive.

Some will always renew, that's to be expected, some people always vote Tory for example!. But I can hear the sound of thousands of renewal letters being torn up even now, the sound of chickens coming home to roost will follow shortly afterwards as the board FINALLY gets the message.

build in the added factor that my ST for the last three seasons has been in the Grandstand which will not be available. If things don't improve I might consider a sabbatical, come back when the new stand is available ... or not ... depending :think: