19/20 Season Tickets | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

19/20 Season Tickets

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Midsomer Green":3k8w0sun said:
By way of comparison a season ticket at Ashton Gate in the South Stand will cost you £355 next season and a slim chance that you could be watching Premiership football for that!

They have a billionaire owner subsidising them and building basically a new stadium for them + increased TV money, whereas we need every single penny of those season tickets.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Biggs ...what a load of cobblers ...the price you pay is the price you pay...meanwhile ....Argyle is looking costly for league 1...,for league division 2 then a rip off...

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I have to admit, after many years as a season ticket holder and regular attender at Home Park I have found myself seriously questioning the level of enjoyment and value I get from it. I probably will renew, but I have never felt anywhere near as close to not renewing as I currently do.

To be honest, it actually matters relatively little to me what division we are in - I just find watching Argyle under Adams a terribly dreary and frustrating experience despite the side playing, at times, some of the best attacking football I have seen at Home Park for years (the fact that they can do this but so frequently don't makes things SO much worse). We have had glimpses (runs of up to 10 games) when we see so much potential and then it all deflates so quickly back to utter rubbish. It's really been VERY, VERY crap being an Argyle fan for the last 10 years or so. Even when (arguably) we should have won things we didn't (play-off final, League 2 title, League 1 play-off place). And whatever the outcome of this season (League 1 or League 2), we're faced with ANOTHER summer having absolutely no clue what sort of side we will have come August. We've not seen a single player come up through the youth set-up and establish themselves in the side in recent years (at least I can't think of one off the top of my head). We've not sold a single player upwards for money in recent years (something that whilst annoying when it happens and you lose a good player nevertheless brings in money that can help to finance the squad). we've had a squad full of players who virtually never play (Wootton, Moore, Wylde, Ainsworth, Fletcher, Dyson etc.). There's no getting away from it, it's just rubbish really. We even have the most depressing, dull, green colour that you could possibly imagine - no other club could do that.

[Blimey, writing this post has tumbled me into a dark place...]

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Cerbera":33xzr00s said:
When you consider that Exeter City season tickets are apparently £290 and that's not an early bird deal, and they could be playing in L1 next season...

I find it incredulous that Argyle think £395 let alone £441 is value for money.

I am seriously wrestling with my conscience as to what to do next season. It's just shy of £1000 for us as a family, then couple that with player sponsorship, food and drink and I reckon I could have a much more enjoyable experience at Tiverton Town/Taunton Town. It's a big chunk of money for a club that's becoming increasingly corporate and alienating its core support.

Anyone know how the Pioneer sales are going?

or Exeter...

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
I think you will find the E# season ticket price in the stand is £391, the quoted £290 is terrace price. Also understand that Notts Co season ticket price is £381 for seated whether in League 2 or non league.

May 16, 2016
The Doctor":26heflm9 said:
I have to admit, after many years as a season ticket holder and regular attender at Home Park I have found myself seriously questioning the level of enjoyment and value I get from it. I probably will renew, but I have never felt anywhere near as close to not renewing as I currently do.

To be honest, it actually matters relatively little to me what division we are in - I just find watching Argyle under Adams a terribly dreary and frustrating experience despite the side playing, at times, some of the best attacking football I have seen at Home Park for years (the fact that they can do this but so frequently don't makes things SO much worse). We have had glimpses (runs of up to 10 games) when we see so much potential and then it all deflates so quickly back to utter rubbish. It's really been VERY, VERY crap being an Argyle fan for the last 10 years or so. Even when (arguably) we should have won things we didn't (play-off final, League 2 title, League 1 play-off place). And whatever the outcome of this season (League 1 or League 2), we're faced with ANOTHER summer having absolutely no clue what sort of side we will have come August. We've not seen a single player come up through the youth set-up and establish themselves in the side in recent years (at least I can't think of one off the top of my head). We've not sold a single player upwards for money in recent years (something that whilst annoying when it happens and you lose a good player nevertheless brings in money that can help to finance the squad). we've had a squad full of players who virtually never play (Wootton, Moore, Wylde, Ainsworth, Fletcher, Dyson etc.). There's no getting away from it, it's just rubbish really. We even have the most depressing, dull, green colour that you could possibly imagine - no other club could do that.

[Blimey, writing this post has tumbled me into a dark place...]

Cheer up. It's a long tunnel but there's always a light at the end. (I hope).

You're not alone in questioning the financial and emotional value of committing again though.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Has anyone else tried to use the new finance company yet?

The club site says it'll give you an instant decision, yet after my application I just got a page saying "We will review your details and get back to you"

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Cobi Budge":14w001ko said:

The club site says it'll give you an instant decision, yet after my application I just got a page saying "We will review your details and get back to you"

That reads like a polite way of saying no to me... [I'm joking]
I guess it all hinges on your definition of 'instant'.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Guiri Green":39xtxq8h said:
You're not alone in questioning the financial and emotional value of committing again though.

It's made worse by some of the people I have to sit near. There's one guy a few seats to my left who anytime an Argyle player gets the ball in a yard of space within 40 yards of the opposition goal shouts 'SHOOOOT!'. I have to mutter 'No, don't do that' under my breath each time just for the sake of correctness.

;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Prices next season to sit in ECFC's new shed of a 'stand'.

5bd1ec9e4be65.jpg

UczN3Tu.png

I know what I prefer. Call me a green tint! :greensmile:

Jul 12, 2016
Most fans will renew despite Adams because ultimately they support Argyle and always will. I was very close to giving it a miss next season but like any addiction it is difficult to give up.

J

JamieY

Cobi Budge":kx8ddjzt said:

Have you not got an email?

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":summkr8s said:

Same thing, I applied around 15:30 and haven't heard anything by phone or email so far. I'll see what tomorrow brings :wtf: