10th in the form table | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

10th in the form table

Oct 16, 2016
I will certainly agree that what I saw at home park at the last home game was light years away from the garbage of previous weeks, the form in itself is certainly better (performances) let alone comparisons against other clubs

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PlymOdi":15m03ytx said:
Hopefully Biggs keeps posting the form table, as he only posts it when we're doing well and it'll mean we're climbing the table.

:lol: :thumbup:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
PlymOdi":3nsjr40n said:
Mark Pedlar":3nsjr40n said:
Current form means absolutely nothing. Form since 1st August is the the only stat worth thinking about.

If we were in the closing games of the season, and massively adrift I'd agree.
As it stands this form means we're gaining more points at the moment than many other teams, and I'll take that.

Agreed also.

Oct 31, 2015
PlymOdi":3tgp0lxw said:
Hopefully Biggs keeps posting the form table, as he only posts it when we're doing well and it'll mean we're climbing the table.

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Mar 16, 2009
London
Biggs":2j54ldqd said:
After the Southend game we are now 10th in the form table over both the standard 6 games AND 10 games.

And second in the 2019 table :whistle:

We’re actually *6th* in the form table.

Based on last 6 matches.

Aug 5, 2016
PlymOdi":2o70yusc said:

The form table is often at odds with the real table. If Bristol Rovers have won 5 out of the last six, but are 21st, the form table will tell you it's not a good time to play them but the league table will tell you they are in the relegation zone.

If Argyle have lost 7 out of ten matches, they will be at the bottom of the form table, and the league table, so the 'form' doesnt really require pointing out. You'll know when Argyle are losing when threads appear on here titled 'SACK ADAMS NOW' as there was on here over Christmas during a poor festive run. There's your bad form indicator.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Justin":1sa4izzg said:
Biggs":1sa4izzg said:
After the Southend game we are now 10th in the form table over both the standard 6 games AND 10 games.

Based on last 6 matches.

Well, joint 6th but 10th on goal difference.

I think posting the form table is 'green tinted' enough for some, massaging that to make it sound better felt a step too far :greensmile:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
We must be top or thereabouts in the 2019 form table with our 100% record :thumbs:

Yes, it's a good start to be high in the form table. The key is consistency, we need to stay there for a prolonged period during the 2nd half of the season if we are to stay up.

It's a good bit of news, long may it continue though.

Jan 7, 2013
Mark Pedlar":3gvetg2p said:
Current form means absolutely nothing. Form since 1st August is the the only stat worth thinking about.
Actually made me laugh out loud!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Biggs":3cqdpo8h said:
Justin":3cqdpo8h said:
Biggs":3cqdpo8h said:

Based on last 6 matches.

Well, joint 6th but 10th on goal difference.

I think posting the form table is 'green tinted' enough for some, massaging that to make it sound better felt a step too far :greensmile:

Agree with paragraph 2 Mr Biggs, but as I see it, if the form table is so important, then the worrying factor is that we have to play a lot of teams above us in said form table. Either the form table is the eleventh commandment and we are doomed or it is an historical irrelevance and the future is still in the hands of Mr Adams and his band of merry men.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Current form means nothing,after our dismal Christmas who on that form who would have predicted a win yesterday...not many...current form is only as good as your next defeat.the league table is what matters and despite yesterdays win we are still second bottom...

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oddball":rsw1dgft said:
Current form means nothing,after our dismal Christmas who on that form who would have predicted a win yesterday...not many...current form is only as good as your next defeat.the league table is what matters and despite yesterdays win we are still second bottom...

One of many truths Alf, which is why football is an inexact science, too many variables. Form tables tell you how you have done in a snapshot of 6 or so games, whereas the league table tells you where you actually are in the bigger picture. Give me the real world every time.