1,001 Albums Before You Die | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1,001 Albums Before You Die

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
So, many many years ago (24th November 2010 to be precise), I had this drunken idea to work my way through the 1,001 Albums Before You Die. By that point it was on its 3rd or 4th edition so I managed to work out via the internet that, after new albums were added and some removed, it was actually 1,024 albums. I knew I had over a hundred in my collection, so I thought I'd give the challenge a go. I downloaded the list into a spreadsheet, recorded the dates I listened to each one, gave them a ranking out of 5 (bad move, should have been 10, but too late now) ... I completed it in about 10 months (there were a few obscure ones where I had to 'build' the album from various sources, some technically illegally :pirate:

Thing, was, I kept on recording the albums I listened to, including favourites I listened to again and again ... and again. And then I wanted to work through catalogues by artists. And searched out recommendations. And I'm still going.

Today, I reached the mini-milestone of my 8,500th different album since I started back in 2010. Including my favourites I listened to multiple times, I've listened to a total of 10,757 albums ... by 1,845 different artists (although if an artist renames him/herself, or has a different backing band, would count as two or more different recording artists, e.g. Neil Young / Neil Young and Crazy Horse / Neil Young and the Promise of the Real would count as 3 different recording artists).

I'm a music addict. I can't stop :D

AYMH.PNG

olive green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 3, 2004
Liverpool
So, many many years ago (24th November 2010 to be precise), I had this drunken idea to work my way through the 1,001 Albums Before You Die. By that point it was on its 3rd or 4th edition so I managed to work out via the internet that, after new albums were added and some removed, it was actually 1,024 albums. I knew I had over a hundred in my collection, so I thought I'd give the challenge a go. I downloaded the list into a spreadsheet, recorded the dates I listened to each one, gave them a ranking out of 5 (bad move, should have been 10, but too late now) ... I completed it in about 10 months (there were a few obscure ones where I had to 'build' the album from various sources, some technically illegally :pirate:

Thing, was, I kept on recording the albums I listened to, including favourites I listened to again and again ... and again. And then I wanted to work through catalogues by artists. And searched out recommendations. And I'm still going.

Today, I reached the mini-milestone of my 8,500th different album since I started back in 2010. Including my favourites I listened to multiple times, I've listened to a total of 10,757 albums ... by 1,845 different artists (although if an artist renames him/herself, or has a different backing band, would count as two or more different recording artists, e.g. Neil Young / Neil Young and Crazy Horse / Neil Young and the Promise of the Real would count as 3 different recording artists).

I'm a music addict. I can't stop :D

View attachment 9925
Impressive in a strange way. Have you tried this https://www.mediaaddictsanonymous.org/?