Wombles match day thread & chat room | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wombles match day thread & chat room

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat, time to face reality. Blackburn 2-0 up on Portsmouth today. Danny Graham just scored, a former Premier League player. Shrewsbury, undefeated all season, currently 0-0.

You sit expecting an injury hit Argyle to beat these sides just because we're a few points behind and it is unrealistic.

We've had a bad start but Adams is pulling the plane out of the nosedive. A point away at Wimbledon wouldn't be a tragedy, it's just that three would be very very helpful. Expecting wins all over the country is unrealistic when we are evidently not a particularly talented side. We never were at League Two level, always a side built on Carey's magic, defensive solidity and Bradley on corners.

We have until May to get out of the mire, not just the end of the month. We are competing in matches for the first time all season. Constantly kicking the manager with spiteful comments doesn't help. I have no idea what you think you're achieving acting like a spoilt kid when Argyle don't win every game.

And with that rant, Argyle go one nil up!! COYG!!!!

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
I promise this is not made up... I was going to post the below, but by the time i'd managed it.....

"Score in a minute, we're gonna score in a minute......."

I remember that chant bringing a goal quite a few times when I was younger...

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Now work towards getting the second please.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
From Twitter

A wonderful, wonderful move, which began deep in the #pafc half with Foxy sending GC away; he drove on, crossed for Joel, who could not miss

COYG

Jul 29, 2010
Now brace yourselves for an eventual defensive substitution, the RIGHT thing to do.

Come on you boys in green :scarf:

C

Charles Plym

Knibbsworth":3h48q5bp said:
Tugboat, time to face reality. Blackburn 2-0 up on Portsmouth today. Danny Graham just scored, a former Premier League player. Shrewsbury, undefeated all season, currently 0-0.

You sit expecting an injury hit Argyle to beat these sides just because we're a few points behind and it is unrealistic.

We've had a bad start but Adams is pulling the plane out of the nosedive. A point away at Wimbledon wouldn't be a tragedy, it's just that three would be very very helpful. Expecting wins all over the country is unrealistic when we are evidently not a particularly talented side. We never were at League Two level, always a side built on Carey's magic, defensive solidity and Bradley on corners.

We have until May to get out of the mire, not just the end of the month. We are competing in matches for the first time all season. Constantly kicking the manager with spiteful comments doesn't help. I have no idea what you think you're achieving acting like a spoilt kid when Argyle don't win every game.

Brilliant post agree with every letter . :scarf: :thumbs:

Sep 8, 2013
Come on Argyle. Three points and with Gills & No'ton drawing the gap will close nicely if things stay the way they are. With three more points home to Rochdale and there could be light ahead.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":1lgpoijp said:

I said the away point at Blackburn was credible and I would have taken a point at kickoff.

My argument was getting points against similar bottom half teams like today. Which we are. Which I’m happy about.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":i00lmsh8 said:
Now brace yourselves for an eventual defensive substitution, the RIGHT thing to do.

Come on you boys in green :scarf:

Not just yet.

Too early