Why ice hockey and Not basketball/concerts in the new plans? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why ice hockey and Not basketball/concerts in the new plans?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Tugboat":1rn7i06d said:
Andy_S":1rn7i06d said:
Tugboat":1rn7i06d said:
Because to redevelop the pavilions site in town into a new swanky hotel, a new ice rink has to be supplied elsewhere in the city first.

Make of that what you will.

Pass!

Why don't you tell us?

Come to your own conclusion. I’ve merely answered the question.

You haven't answered any question, nor come to any conclusion.

All you have done is to make some ridiculous statement of implication.

Mind that tinfoil!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Andy_S":d2986037 said:
Tugboat":d2986037 said:
Andy_S":d2986037 said:
Tugboat":d2986037 said:
Because to redevelop the pavilions site in town into a new swanky hotel, a new ice rink has to be supplied elsewhere in the city first.

Pass!

Why don't you tell us?

Mind that tinfoil!

Touche!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Andy_S":7pq3lt4i said:
Tugboat":7pq3lt4i said:
Andy_S":7pq3lt4i said:
Tugboat":7pq3lt4i said:

Pass!

Why don't you tell us?

Mind that tinfoil!

Someone asked why the ice rink and no basketball arena.

The answer is there.

You stick to your pro Brent agenda that lack any bollocks to question things.

Mar 14, 2009
While it is great news l too would like to know about where future music events will be held. As what concerns me is while this is great for people who looks there sports in Plymouth what about the people in this great, big city who love their music.

Been lucky enough to see Muse, Stereophonics, Oasis, The Flaming Lips etc in the pavilions arena. So where will can people who enjoy music concerts go when it's closed? They seriously haven't overlooked this, have they? A city as massive as Plymouth which won't have a 2,000 plus indoor arena for music?

I mean Argyle have talked about making money from this project by creating facilities for say a ice rink and yet as a music arena the pavilions has proven that if you attract top musical talent to the south west you will easily get "bums on seats".

So please tell me, because l honestly don't know, that someone with some common sense has ear-marked a venue (somewhere in Plymouth) for future concerts when the pavilions close. Oh and not just one off yearly concerts on the pitch of HP.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There was never any question of the Pavilions being demolished. The ice rink is going to Home Park to make room for the new Millbay boulevard.

The Pavilions is being reconfigured to face the boulevard with flats and an art house cinema accompanying, and I believe the plan is to enlarge the capacity.

It would indeed be madness to get rid of a venue that size with no replacement, which is why that's never been proposed. I'm not 100% sure on the Raiders situation though...

From 2012... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-17827061

If the plans are approved, the current ice rink on the Pavilions site will be sold to Akkeron and redeveloped for housing and shops.

The concert arena at the Pavilions will be upgraded and its capacity increased.

More recent update... http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/whats-o ... led-845370

The music arena will remain, Mr Brent stressed, but will be reconfigured to face the Boulevard, when it is built.

Mar 14, 2009
Biggs":2gikjhp6 said:
There was never any question of the Pavilions being demolished. The ice rink is going to Home Park to make room for the new Millbay boulevard.

The Pavilions is being reconfigured to face the boulevard with flats and an art house cinema accompanying, and I believe the plan is to enlarge the capacity.

It would indeed be madness to get rid of a venue that size with no replacement, which is why that's never been proposed. I'm not 100% sure on the Raiders situation though...

I just was slightly confused about the basketball as l couldn't understand why it couldn't continue at the pavilions because l thought it was held in the same part of the arena as the music. Sure they might have to find a temporary new home but if the music is still going to be held at the pavilions, l don't understand why the basketball can't.

Anyhow, that's good news then because if the pavilions had gone that would be total bonkers.

May 16, 2016
Doesn't this thread rather demonstrate a lot of the problems with the way facts are displayed and interpretated online these days ?

Some think the whole Pavilions site is a gonner and react accordingly, others attempt to check the facts first before jumping to conclusions.

Nett result is a mixed message, people taking stuff on face value and wasted emotion.

Even Westcountry News (as far as I undetstood it) last night reported the go ahead of the previous HHP Plans.

Maybe we really are mushrooms :(

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":1hicuu7c said:
I just was slightly confused about the basketball as l couldn't understand why it couldn't continue at the pavilions because l thought it was held in the same part of the arena as the music. Sure they might have to find a temporary new home but if the music is still going to be held at the pavilions, l don't understand why the basketball can't.

This is also the bit I'm not sure on.

In a perfect world, the Pavilions expansion/reconfiguration would be very considerable and we'd have a 5,000+ seat arena that could accommodate the Raiders. Instead of the 1,500 seats + 2,000 standing theatre-style layout now.

That's relatively unlikely, though I guess we won't know until detailed plans have been released regarding that reconfiguration.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Im hoping Riders do move to this new HHP development im sure it would become very popular.
oh hang on a minute a forgot about the parking.