who do you think next seasons top scorer will be? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

who do you think next seasons top scorer will be?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
May 26, 2015
We definitely need a new out and out striker - a greedy old fashioned centre forward, with a 100 per cent instinct for goal - but will we ever get another Tynan?

Feb 28, 2016
Steve.PAFC2012":1h6ygwvs said:
Alex Fletcher.

I'm friends with Steve, I would just like to point this out! Whilst acknowledging, I think he would like this to be true, he does say it somewhat tongue in cheek!

I'm not saying it will happen, I don't think he will be given the chance but if, he gets the same chances as Tyler Harvey did, a similar amount of sub performances, 10 mins here, 10 mins there, he does have a genuine chance of being our top goal scorer.

I would hasten too add that I think Battle could do the same.

Whilst I don't think it will happen, I'm not ruling it out by a long-shot!

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Because of the way DA sides play (and baring any significant change in style) a traditional No 9 striker is not going to get the chances to score more than 10 a season. More often than not, they receive the ball with their back to goal 30-40 yards away from the goal. DA strikers are expected, much like Sturrock's sides (think Mickey Evans), to hold up play, link in with the midfield and allow the wide players and attacking midfielder to get beyond them. It's more of a "false nine" really.

I think Jake Jervis ought to be among the goals while, if he stays, Carey should be looking to notch 15 again. I think Sarcevic and Ainsworth have goals in them too. However I think the goals will be shared around the team again and I think that's a good thing. I'd much rather be a threat from anywhere on the park, rather than rely on one player to get the goals and be easy to work out and deal with.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It is interesting that, of the 4 clubs promoted from League 2, only Marquis (Doncaster) was in the top 10. He was joint top with Akinde (26). Carey (15), Naismith (13) and Cullen (13) were top scorers at Argyle, Portsmouth and Blackpool respectively.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Steve.PAFC2012":3ko0f03f said:
Alex Fletcher.

I hope you're right Steve! The only way we will ever find 'our' Harry Kane is to bring him up from the youth set-up.
Let's hope Alex gets his chance and that he takes it.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Lousy_Pint":3vka8kwe said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3vka8kwe said:
Alex Fletcher.

I hope you're right Steve! The only way we will ever find 'our' Harry Kane is to bring him up from the youth set-up.
Let's hope Alex gets his chance and that he takes it.
evening kev.i know i banged on a little bit about tyler harvey ;) but this lad fletcher is a brilliant prospect.i have seen him several times and he has an eye for goal.see you soon mate.