Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 103 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 84 21.4%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.6%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.2%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.2%

• Total voters
Oct 10, 2018
Do we know if the club is still stipulating an attractive, attacking brand for the next manager/head coach?

I haven’t seen it mentioned this time, though to be fair there has been more pressing business.
Yes, SH referred to it in his lastest POD cast interview with the legal firm who sponsor the Lyndhurst stand.

Sep 3, 2011
Really? I haven’t seen a single Hull fan say they’re glad to see the back of him. The vast majority seem gutted he’s going.
They had a possession based style, that was clearly evident on Saturday, they dominated possession but didn't create one clear cut chance. If and it's a big if but if Rosenior is interested then he's in with a chance as are about half a dozen others

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
For those who said too slow interestingly they scored more goals and had more shots than us last season as well as much more possession
This is the only one that has enthused me surely it will enthused Simon he's no mug he knows this is the type of profile we must be considering

Oct 10, 2018
Hull are crazy look how they have progressed, 10 places better off, having invested modestly. They we're competitive in most games, barely missed out on a play off spot.

He appears to be the type of character and a young coach, who would fit into the remit SH, ND and AP are looking for.

The style of footy his Hull team played and a mixture of skills, space and aggression when needed.

Also he has increased the value of several of Hull's players, both Everton and Villa showing interest. This is also what is said to be one of SH aims for a HC to maintain the sustainability and lay a platform for progress.

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Jul 29, 2012
I would love the appointment but would caveat it with the fact they didn’t create much against us with some incredible attacking talent on the pitch when they NEEDED to win.
Agreed - I’d definitely want to speak with him - while they did well , their results since Christmas weren’t that great .

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Delap, Carvelho, Morton these are players from Liverpool & City who must be on decent wages even at their youthful age.

Philogene from Villa for 5 million, Omur from Trabzonspurs for 2 million, Connelly from Brighton for over 1 million.

To say LR did things on a lowish budget seems off the mark to me. Their chairman / owner is another ambitious billionaire.

Reactions: Furnell and Fergy
Jan 12, 2020
I would love the appointment but would caveat it with the fact they didn’t create much against us with some incredible attacking talent on the pitch when they NEEDED to win.
This is a good point and one I keep coming back to in my head whilst assessing the benefits of Rosenior as a potential candidate.
However for me I believe that the young talented Hull attackers just failed to perform on the day as their combined inexperience simply meant they struggled against a fired up Argyle at a fired up Home Park.

Reactions: Emu and Neilio
Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
Just because Hull play possession based football, doesn't mean it is the only way LR wants or prefers to play. It may of been a requirement of his job (to play possession football). LR could be amenable to play fast flowing attacking football, if that is a requirement of his next employer.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJC and woollygreen
Oct 10, 2018

You don't right off an head coach on one performance, the fact was Hull chance of rreaching Playoff was remote.

Secondly how do we know Liam R wasn't made aware that if he didn't reach the playoffs it was curtains.

If you watch his body language even at beginning of the game, it was less energised than usual.
Many of the players were said to have remained with the manager in dressing room after the game, reflecting on there season. Its likely they knew he would be out, and by all accounts LR was very popular amongst the players 1 & 2 million is not a lot for a player in the championship.

LR also helped develop and improve many more of the Hull players, and now they have two.players drawing interest from Everton, Villa and Newcastle, rumoured to be offering between 12 - 15 million, so that's 4 million extra in the bank, on top of spending you mentioned.

If that was any other business you would be delighted.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Having read a few articles and fan comments as well as those of rosenior himself after Saturday, I personally would file all the negativity coming his way and that of Hulls performance this season as "a work in progress"...,both the team and rosenior....does read like things were coming together towards the end of the season and like they are/were in a good place for next season.