Update from the Contigency Committee Conference Call | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Update from the Contigency Committee Conference Call

Dec 3, 2005
IJN":2nmsotdl said:
Not a brilliant 'meeting' but I would say that Marcus the Green is bang on.

Love hime or hate him, Riddler has worked his balls off for this one, whatever the outcome.

I'm not saying I'm his biggest fan, far from it, but some credit must be given to him for that, and I think it is still fair to say, for the stint he put in before Brenda came, and also whist he's be here, without him, I honesty don't think we'd have a club at all.

Well said - love him or hate him - without him - Argyle would be a worse place then they are right now.

T

Tim Chown

If the Riddler is on an appropriate length leash, with his salary and budget in keeping with our means, I suspect he could be very good for us. I would not oppose it, though I have some concern on his previous statements about Peter Reid taken from his autobiography that were quoted here recently.

It would be interesting to see how his inclusion would affect the constituency of an Argyle board under Brent, if and when BIL are kicked into touch. Would for example Peter Jones server on a board with Ridsdale as chief exec? I would hope common sense would prevail for the good of Argyle.

It's an interesting question though for Brent - if he gets The Call, how soon will he form and make known his provisional board?

G

grovehill

Any commitment from the Council that they will make available the funds that are needed for the Contingency plan to work?

Or just that they "will do all they can"?

B

bandwagon

grovehill":3jqeg85i said:
Any commitment from the Council that they will make available the funds that are needed for the Contingency plan to work?

It will only come to that if your guy doesn't splash the cash - needs to be sorted soon!!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Andy_Symons":3u5xycyx said:
grovehill":3u5xycyx said:

Any commitment from Heaney that he will make available the funds that are needed for the Football Club to function?

Saucer of milk, table 2!!

:lol:

Oct 22, 2009
Arch Stanton":kclb1ipd said:
IJN":kclb1ipd said:

Love hime or hate him, Riddler has worked his balls off for this one, whatever the outcome.
I'm not saying I'm his biggest fan, far from it, but some credit must be given to him for that, and I think it is still fair to say, for the stint he put in before Brenda came, and also whist he's be here, without him, I honesty don't think we'd have a club at all.

:iagree: 100%

I would work my balls off for the chance to get my grubby little hands on 4.5 million and a football club. Look at his track record, its a joke that people see him as an asset. Ok he has kept things behind the scene running along at a basic level, so what? anyone with a couple years of football business experience could do that. Look at his major business decisions, look at how he operates when he has the purse strings and no one to answer to. Look at the facts. Look at what he did at every other club. Why are people mesmorised by his spin and "if it wasnt for me we would have been in liquidation by now" and look at what other supporters who have had him at their club say and the results of his actions. Nothing personal IJN I read a lot of your posts and agree with virtually everything you say, but I seriously worry that people are taken in my riddler. The mans a vulture and a failed business man

Dec 7, 2006
So now that Buttivant has again declared his continued interest (according to today's local papers), where exactly does that leave the Contigency Plan? Can't help but feel that, even though this may provide another option ( however tenuous), it's also muddied the waters considerably. :eh:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
djg145":gifbjtla said:
IJN":gifbjtla said:

Well said - love him or hate him - without him - Argyle would be a worse place then they are right now.
jesus Ijn,ive heard you slag him off ,love him,slag him of love him,make your mind up man,,(,confused .com.)

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
northroadwest1":3926cy2f said:
Arch Stanton":3926cy2f said:
IJN":3926cy2f said:

:iagree: 100%

I would work my balls off for the chance to get my grubby little hands on 4.5 million and a football club. Look at his track record, its a joke that people see him as an asset. Ok he has kept things behind the scene running along at a basic level, so what? anyone with a couple years of football business experience could do that. Look at his major business decisions, look at how he operates when he has the purse strings and no one to answer to. Look at the facts. Look at what he did at every other club. Why are people mesmorised by his spin and "if it wasnt for me we would have been in liquidation by now" and look at what other supporters who have had him at their club say and the results of his actions. Nothing personal IJN I read a lot of your posts and agree with virtually everything you say, but I seriously worry that people are taken in my riddler. The mans a vulture and a failed business man

:iagree:
How anyone can actually want him at the club is a joke, the man is all that is wrong with football and you want him here, at the heart of OUR club.

Mar 9, 2011
Chris Webb":2cvmuph6 said:
Chris Webb, Chairman of the Argyle Trust said: ' The Joint Administrator has reported that BIL has made progress on moving towards completion of its offer. The Club's employees, supporters and others have endeavoured to ensure that the Club has a future beyond its 125th anniversary. In the event that BIL is not successful, it is imperative that the Joint Administrators give the Contingency Plan a chance for the benefit of creditors, the Club's employees and Plymouth and the wider South-West. '

The football season has started again and I felt proud to be a Green yesterday, at Shrewsbury, watching our new team playing in their first ever league match together and being amongst the fantastic atmosphere of our supporters.

It was a day in which I put the ā€˜off fieldā€™ happenings behind me and did the very thing we all want to be able to concentrate on ā€¦ getting behind the lads and supporting the club we all love.

But then, today, the reality of our situation hit home again ā€¦ the fact that the future of our club has yet to be secured.

Brendan Guilfoyle has publicly stated he has been ā€˜assuredā€™ by KH & Co that ā€œThe money is becoming available next week / itā€™s going to happen.ā€

Well, IF they ā€˜finallyā€™ manage to do this, then thatā€™s it, the deal is done.

BUT the question left on many minds is; ā€œWhat are you going to do BG should your chosen PBā€™s fail to deliver (yet again) their ā€˜assurancesā€™ by 12th August?ā€

With time truly being critical now, I sincerely hope and pray that Brendan (if all does not go well) will change his perpetual stance on the PBā€™s, conceding to the fact that they have had long enough to get their acts together and that he canā€™t continue to take chances on the survival of our club, by constantly moving the goal posts to accommodate unmet assurances.

Whilst I know BG is legally contracted to the PBā€™s ā€˜at the momentā€™ and therefore can not engage with the contingency plan, he will (if I am reading into things correctly) be in a position this coming week, whereby he could legally allow the process of other bidders to come back into contention, should the PB fail to deliver on 12th. In his radio interview, he has made it public knowledge, ā€œThe contract provides for completion on 12th Augustā€ ā€¦ and by that statement alone, again, if Iā€™m reading into that correctly, means the contract has been written to 12th August and can be broken, if nothing comes to fruition.

So itā€™s over to you Brendan (should the PBā€™s fail to produce their ā€˜assurancesā€™ to you), to do the right thing by putting a stop to this on going saga once and for all!

I just hope and pray he concedes in giving the contingency plan the opportunity (and the critical time they require) to be able to ā€˜set the wheels in motionā€™ in order to rapidly work on putting an end to this misery we have all suffered ā€¦ for far, far too long!!

Yesterday felt so great! It was good to get back to the footballing side of things ā€¦ so donā€™t take this away from us Brendan!! Donā€™t let this club die!! We have more than proved (at Shrewsbury and throughout this administrative period) what Plymouth Argyle means to us.

If your PB's fail to deliver ... let the very people with passion and the will and determination to put our great club back on the road to recovery again, have the chance to do the right thing for the sake of Plymouth Argyleā€™s survival!!

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Bermudian Green":2c442485 said:
sharkbait":2c442485 said:
:iagree:
How anyone can actually want him at the club is a joke, the man is all that is wrong with football and you want him here, at the heart of OUR club.

:iagree: Everything he does is for his own benefit, which is quite simply wrong.

I fully agree with the above comments.