Tisdale to Pompey? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tisdale to Pompey?

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
signofthechimes":m3e8nk38 said:
Deacster":m3e8nk38 said:
Unless there's something behind the scenes with the take over, why would Cook take such a sideways move?

A wage apparently in the region of £7k a week is the answer - add to that Wigan will have a playing budget well in excess of ours and probably anyone else in the division.

The takeover is unlikely to result in significant change to our playing budget which, we're told, is mid-table for League 1. The main concern with Cook going is the disruption and knock on effect. Next season could be a tough one for us.

We'll be linked with most managers in the lower divisions, and Scotland, I suspect. Tisdale has been interviewed in the past, so no surprise his name is mentioned. I suspect much will depend on what sort of structure the new owners want in place.

This is really the first main test of your new owners. Do they do the sensible thing of appointing someone who has knowledge of the lower leagues or do they try to 'promote the club in America' and try and take a risk getting an American coach in.........

May 6, 2016
The-Pilgrim":3clf8sgh said:
This is really the first main test of your new owners. Do they do the sensible thing of appointing someone who has knowledge of the lower leagues or do they try to 'promote the club in America' and try and take a risk getting an American coach in.........

It's complicated by the fact that they don't own the club yet! Legal processes around the acquisition couldn't begin until an agreement to sell the club (via trust members and our presidents) was reached.

In practice I'd imagine our CEO, who is quite hands-on, will be in dialogue with them. All the talk to date has been of steady, sustainable growth. Possibly more pertinent is what structure they might wish to implement; there has been unsubstantiated talk around a technical director/director of football role. If they were to do that it may mean different candidates for the managers job.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
I do like it when Argyle and Pompey fans are able to have a second sensible conversation. Keep it up folks - I'm enjoying being a spectator on this one.