Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 236 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

May 11, 2019
I've held out until today. F*** this. Foster out. Ive given him until now. Can't bear it anymore.

I said Warnock till the end of the season when we were looking for a manager. I think I'd have been vindicated by now.

I've given Foster 4 months. Done deal. Absolutely fuming today. We are done.

I am absolutely mad. Shocking. I've said every bad word I can.

You might all mock but I've given Foster more time than most.

Get rid.

Done.
So you’ve given Ian Foster three months and a narrow defeat to the most inform side in the league pushes you over the edge, this simply doesn’t make sense, as for Warnock being the answer, unbelievable 🙄

Jun 17, 2006
Reading
I admit I was wrong. I was positive to start but this appointment was the wrong one.
No worries, we’ll wait until Monday and then we’ll award IF the keys of the City. Joking aside, I do genuinely believe that the average Argyle fan is better than what we read here. The score predictions for this game……how many went for 3-0/4-1/2-0 etc……now is the time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, to start believing we are a Championship club even if you don’t believe it (blimmin eck……Stoke have been doing this for years 😀). I do genuinely believe that the Argyle fans can drag the team over the line this season. The likes of Shuie, Hughes, Behcet, Cavanagh and Turner will be wanting us as Argyle fans to implode……what do we do?

Reactions: saxman

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I do think the board need to communicate.

We’re going through a difficult time and not a word has been mentioned.

They seemed far more vocal during the good days.

I agree.

The board seemed to love writing letters to and issuing statements to the fans when we were doing well.

Now that we’re not, total silence, which only fuels speculation.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I think he has to go now. The divide between fans is becoming too big and will only make for a toxic atmosphere on Monday. Make a decision tonight/tomorrow and it will galvanize everyone.

I just don’t see him getting the sack

Mar 23, 2008
This isn't bashing him in any way as he's a wonderful owner but I do wonder is Simon Hallett has reflected at all on his comments in his podcast a couple of months ago. He talked about succession planning and used the analogy of bond traders and when one leaves, a new one comes in.
Of course he's right but let's be honest our recruitment radar is off both in terms of head coach and players, as there's been a big drop off on both fronts.
Just shows your Schumachers and Azazs need to be unearthed, they are not just abundantly available.

Reactions: freathyd
Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Watched the game today..cant blame IF for todays result. The difference was finishing. If we took our chances we would have won. Two laspes on corners cost us. First one we switched off 2nd one a flick on and hit head of philips i think and OG. Hardie should have got two. First time i have a agreed the REF was terrible. TBH.

However what i didnt like was the high press. At times i counted 6 argyle players in the Norwich half agaisnt thier keeper and 3 defenders and they still managed to get the ball into their midfield and past our 6 players, left us open.

Luck is not on our side at the minute and Hardie is stone cold in front of goal. Personally he needs to be benched and brought on at 60 mins.

Reactions: jl62 and philevs
Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
No worries, we’ll wait until Monday and then we’ll award IF the keys of the City. Joking aside, I do genuinely believe that the average Argyle fan is better than what we read here. The score predictions for this game……how many went for 3-0/4-1/2-0 etc……now is the time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves, to start believing we are a Championship club even if you don’t believe it (blimmin eck……Stoke have been doing this for years 😀). I do genuinely believe that the Argyle fans can drag the team over the line this season. The likes of Shuie, Hughes, Behcet, Cavanagh and Turner will be wanting us as Argyle fans to implode……what do we do?
no point us believing we can stay up with mister demotivator "managing":mad:

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
So you’ve given Ian Foster three months and a narrow defeat to the most inform side in the league pushes you over the edge, this simply doesn’t make sense, as for Warnock being the answer, unbelievable 🙄
OMG everyone is in form, bigger budget, bigger fanbase, ex Premier, bigger history, bigger crowds. There is NO ONE left that we definitely shouldn't lose to.

FOSTER OUT!!!

Sep 6, 2006
Watched the game today..cant blame IF for todays result. The difference was finishing. If we took our chances we would have won. Two laspes on corners cost us. First one we switched off 2nd one a flick on and hit head of philips i think and OG. Hardie should have got two. First time i have a agreed the REF was terrible. TBH.

However what i didnt like was the high press. At times i counted 6 argyle players in the Norwich half agaisnt thier keeper and 3 defenders and they still managed to get the ball into their midfield and past our 6 players, left us open.

Luck is not on our side at the minute and Hardie is stone cold in front of goal. Personally he needs to be benched and brought on at 60 mins.
It's not luck though is it really ? Let's be honest

May 28, 2015
I don’t think he’s going to get sacked and whilst today I don’t feel as angry towards foster as I have done recently I do seriously think he needs to go. Just someone to lift this team I think it could be anyone from Edwards to warnock to nance, but someone to get everyone back on the same page and get some togetherness. Its not fosters fault hardie is missing chances but could an uplift in spirits maybe make him feel a bit more confident going through on goal? No one will never know but everything just feels so deflated. It’s strange because the players are giving 100% and i don’t think anyone can say they aren’t but we also know they can do so much more and that’s ultimately why foster has to go. Fosters tactics aren’t fulfilling our potential

Reactions: MustardEagle