Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 208 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
So we’re supposed to just sleepwalk into relegation without a change of manager? Surely you can see what’s unfolding here. To not act and just see how it plays out is incredibly reckless. 6.5M for championship football next year. Whilst it’s 900k for league one. Just burying our heads into the sand hoping for an upturn in fortune is just naive. Hopefully the board wake up soon and act.
Unfortunately I believe SH doesn't want to see he's made a mistake, is probably being told the fans were just being fans and OTT like a few on here are suggesting.
There does appear to be a minority on here who think Foster is doing a cracking job and I would hazard a guess that these same people suffer with insomnia, so the cure is just to watch our team so they get a few winks
Although the poll is for the minority which reside on this site, there are still only 27% voting a steadfast no to booting him out, so 73% are either certain or wavering.
We can all throw stats around to read how you want them to read, it's what we are watching and not going on the league table which people are concerned about.
For me, the sooner SH stops sitting on his hands and tells Foster to 0121 do 1 the better.
This club is too important to people for it to be ruined by someone who shouldn't be anywhere near it, we cannot surely afford to fall in to league one?
Can you imagine Foster being given millions even in the championship next season to spend on players?
The guy is a liability and it worries me that for all his good work SH has decided to be stubborn and do nothing.

Jun 27, 2019
There does appear to be a minority on here who think Foster is doing a cracking job and I would hazard a guess that these same people suffer with insomnia, so the cure is just to watch our team so they get a few winks.
Who thinks he's doing a cracking job? There are plenty who want to give him time but I've seen no-one going that far.

As for your insomnia 'gag'... I wouldn't give up the day job.

Oct 5, 2013
So we’re supposed to just sleepwalk into relegation without a change of manager? Surely you can see what’s unfolding here. To not act and just see how it plays out is incredibly reckless. 6.5M for championship football next year. Whilst it’s 900k for league one. Just burying our heads into the sand hoping for an upturn in fortune is just naive. Hopefully the board wake up soon and act.
Is it possible that the Board wouldn’t mind if we got relegated? That they’ve seen what it takes to play in the Championship, and had a change of mind? Could that be what’s going on here?

Reactions: Railway sleeper
Jun 27, 2019
Is it possible that the Board wouldn’t mind if we got relegated? That they’ve seen what it takes to play in the Championship, and had a change of mind? Could that be what’s going on here?
You can't seriously believe that philevs.

May 16, 2016
I don't think the club have buried their heads in the sand as we sleepwalk down the slippery slope to armageddon.

The pot of gold at the end of the Championship financial rainbow is just too big of a slice of the cake to turn your back on. Maybe their hands are tied behind one back with the gamble of the financial deck cards of releasing Foster as there's no garauntees in the roultette spin of staying up.

Reactions: philevs
Sep 6, 2006
Unfortunately I believe SH doesn't want to see he's made a mistake, is probably being told the fans were just being fans and OTT like a few on here are suggesting.
There does appear to be a minority on here who think Foster is doing a cracking job and I would hazard a guess that these same people suffer with insomnia, so the cure is just to watch our team so they get a few winks
Although the poll is for the minority which reside on this site, there are still only 27% voting a steadfast no to booting him out, so 73% are either certain or wavering.
We can all throw stats around to read how you want them to read, it's what we are watching and not going on the league table which people are concerned about.
For me, the sooner SH stops sitting on his hands and tells Foster to 0121 do 1 the better.
This club is too important to people for it to be ruined by someone who shouldn't be anywhere near it, we cannot surely afford to fall in to league one?
Can you imagine Foster being given millions even in the championship next season to spend on players?
The guy is a liability and it worries me that for all his good work SH has decided to be stubborn and do nothing.
Less than 50% want him sacked so you are in the minority actually.

Reactions: jimsing

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sorry Balham Green I should have been clearer in my first statement. I meant because it was an international break , they may have had time . Of course with 6 weeks to go it’s never ideal !

Aren’t nearly 40% of the squad away on international duty in one form or another ?

• Wow
Reactions: saxman
Jul 12, 2016
So the same people who have gotten us to the championship are suddenly not capable of running the club?

Reactions: saxman
Feb 8, 2005
Simon Hallett and his staff have employed a head coach on a three and a half year contract. I don't see them sacking him after just three months in the job. He has hardly been given the chance to do the job.

Foster is in charge, regardless of what happens. I can understand why people are asking for his head, but that isn't going to happen. Foster has been chosen and will be given the opportunity to lead Argyle regardless of league position or where we end up.

Hallett has already said that he is not shortermist, he is a long term owner, just look at what he is doing at Brickfields and Harpers.'

Hallett has set out his stall and the club will succeed or fail without any interference from the hierarchy.

I don't understand some of you people. Let's all chant and get ourselves relegated. The job is hard enough without a small section of the fanbase turning against the club, because that is what you will be doing.

Sep 6, 2006
So the same people who have gotten us to the championship are suddenly not capable of running the club?
Yep SH has got pretty much everything right, apart from not sacking Adams earlier. Now the same posters constantly reassert that they know more than him. Entitled to their opinion but the repetition is not necessary. IF is here until the end of the season at very least so they had better get used to the idea and back him during the 90 minutes.

Apr 5, 2008
Plymouth
May have got lost in the dedicated thread, but some fairly startling stats from One Team in Devon newsletter to indicate how differently we're now playing, especially offensively (though an improvement defensively, in fairness). And I do not like the sound of 'launches' :rolleyes:

Diabolical figures, which just confirm what the eyes have seen.

So poor and such stark changes, it would be laughable if it didn't risk totally wasting all the good work leading to it.

Still people say give him time? What, to take those trends further 😵‍💫