The extra prize money for finishing top is …. (Merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The extra prize money for finishing top is …. (Merged)

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Really interesting article about the Accrington Stanley's Chairmans comments about Premier League solidarity payments. I see that in League 2 we got 430k pounds and in League 1 we will be 220k better off with 650k. However we get 4.3m pounds in the Championship. You can see the leap is a big one from League 1 to Championship.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39857490

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Koala Green":2p6epgou said:
Really interesting article about the Accrington Stanley's Chairmans comments about Premier League solidarity payments. I see that in League 2 we got 430k pounds and in League 1 we will be 220k better off with 650k. However we get 4.3m pounds in the Championship. You can see the leap is a big one from League 1 to Championship.

The Premier League responded: "We will be writing to Mr Holt to ask him if he wishes the Premier League to continue the support we currently provide for his and other clubs in the EFL."

There it all is, right there in one sentence. The arrogance, the contempt, the self aggrandisement. So, the wise old King lets the fool lick his plate when he has finished the meat, when the fool complains of hunger the wise old King smashes the plate over his head? That is the appropriate response? The correct way to run a happy court?
That wise old Premier King might be found face down in a dungheap one day with a prawn sandwich stuck up his arris. :furious:

May 16, 2016
Koala Green":1azwtuwb said:

He seems to have fallen out with the Premier League about these payments. Saying something like 'being peasants thrown scraps from the table' . He's commenting on the excesses of the PL.

Interestingly the transfer of Pogba may have netted his agent more than £40M !

Lets hope it isn't the precursor to the PL starting it's long expected breakaway. The PLEXIT, start of the Pan European domestic League.

Apr 9, 2011
It sounds as if the gulf ,money wise, between the Championship & lge 1 is greater now than when we were there a few years back. The Prem seems to more & more becoming a closed shop,as with the increase in the "parachute" payments for relegated clubs unless they are poorly managed i.e. Coventry , it gives them a massive advantage in the promotion stakes. Am afraid the top flight is even more of a distant dream for a club like us.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":3fhuekjc said:
It sounds as if the gulf ,money wise, between the Championship & lge 1 is greater now than when we were there a few years back. The Prem seems to more & more becoming a closed shop,as with the increase in the "parachute" payments for relegated clubs unless they are poorly managed i.e. Coventry , it gives them a massive advantage in the promotion stakes. Am afraid the top flight is even more of a distant dream for a club like us.

Despite what people say, the Premier League money does get shared around with more clubs making the top flight than in the past. Brighton will become the 47th team to play in the Premier League since its inception 25 years ago, Huddersfield could even make it 48. That is a remarkable number when you consider that prior to 1992 only 66 clubs played in the old First Division in more than 100 years of history.

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":3vhp908x said:
phil-thefluter24":3vhp908x said:

Despite what people say, the Premier League money does get shared around with more clubs making the top flight than in the past. Brighton will become the 47th team to play in the Premier League since its inception 25 years ago, Huddersfield could even make it 48. That is a remarkable number when you consider that prior to 1992 only 66 clubs played in the old First Division in more than 100 years of history.

'Only 66 clubs'. That's more than 2/3 of the League! You cant expect outfits with attendances of less than 5,000 to make it. It's become harder and harder anyway. Reason a lot of teams have made it is due to massive investment e.g Bournemouth, not because money is distributed fairly.

Jun 24, 2011
Strange there is no prize money for promotion - on a purely financial basis you would be better off ending up in the Play-offs and getting a share of the gate receipts from the semis and the final. Of course, that is only worth it if you get promoted as well - as last year proved!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Somerset_Pilgrim":3chac3as said:
Strange there is no prize money for promotion - on a purely financial basis you would be better off ending up in the Play-offs and getting a share of the gate receipts from the semis and the final. Of course, that is only worth it if you get promoted as well - as last year proved!
Good in theory but I recall that even the play off income is split between everyone in the league.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yep. The four teams in the play-off semi finals share 50% of the revenue from the four games (12.5% each), the other 50% is shared with the rest of League 2.

In the play-off final each team receives 25% of the revenue, the other 50% goes into the League 2 pot again.
Wimbledon received the same as us despite having a lower attendance at Wembley.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
On football finances: Of course Premiership clubs xo have some obligations that clubs lower down the leagues don't have. I have been reliably informed that the Hawkeye goal line tech ology system costs each club £75,000 to install with a maintenance fee of £15,000 per season. Small change I know when compared to the TV millions but an additional cost nonetheless.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":lxm8gpnp said:
Lundan Cabbie":lxm8gpnp said:
phil-thefluter24":lxm8gpnp said:

'Only 66 clubs'. That's more than 2/3 of the League! You cant expect outfits with attendances of less than 5,000 to make it. It's become harder and harder anyway. Reason a lot of teams have made it is due to massive investment e.g Bournemouth, not because money is distributed fairly.

66 in 104 years compared to 47/48 in just 25 years of the PL which means more than half of the 92 have had a dip into the PL pot is what I meant. That's not really it being some sort of exclusive club. There is only one way to get there and that's by winning football matches and no matter how much investment comes into a club, they still are only allowed 11 players on the park at any one time.