The 5th of August now seems to be the 12th August. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The 5th of August now seems to be the 12th August.

Sep 6, 2006
bizzay1":17c503xg said:
Rush Goalie":17c503xg said:
The media should be all over the further lapse in deadline date.

I agree, anyone got any good media contacts - sky, bbc sport or any of the BIG papers ??
I think this is way out of local journos capabillities - anyway this should be going national, how about dispatches or panorama, get the forking lot out in the open and a few people being shown for what they really are !!

Yeah I'm sure Panorama would be interested :lolno:

O

oggyale

Waraqah":3pkcbn8u said:
X Isle":3pkcbn8u said:
PL2 3DQ":3pkcbn8u said:
Let's start a sweepstake!

I'm going out on a limb and saying the whole season.

Ridsdale already hinted that they can go the whole season in administration if needs be. But with the question of the Football League share still very much a bone of contention due to Heaneys involvement and with Heaney having no money to actually do the deal anyway you can see how prevaracation is desireable.

All the while we stay in administration Heaney is not the owner of the land and is not providing the seasons working capital so the hurdle about whether he has influence doesn't need to be negotiated. On paper the club is in the care of Brendan Guilfoyle who is not connected to any other football club - ergo we get allowed to fullfil fixtures in the meantime.

All the while we stay in administration Heaney doesn't have to find any money. He has a whole year to scurry round looking for investors.

All the while we stay in administration wages can keep being added to the creditors bill for later payment (or not because the bigger the bills eventually become the better the case they actually have to negotiate downwards). The contemptuous way the staff have already been treated causes me to have no doubt that over a large brandy or two in some swanky club the three amigos (and Davie makes four!) have concluded that if they're suckers enough to work unpaid for eight months already they they can carry on working for nothing indefinately.

There isn't an incentive to come out of administration right now, not that they can anyway because Heaney DOESN'T have the money. This will go on and on, i'm surprised they're not managing expectations a little better TBH, months forward not weeks. If i'm cynical (and it's been spot on to be just that so far, they are self confessed liars afterall) i'd say they're looking to maximise season ticket sales before the season starts. They'll then figure that's all the ST's they're going to get and you'll then get the announcement the administration process will go on indefinately.

It gives Heaney time to ditch Truro.
It gives Heaney time to find some money.
It gives Ridsdale time to get the club running on a shoestring.
It gives Ridsdale time to allow the poor results that will inevitably follow to justify dismissing Reidy and appoint his own man.

:iagree: What he said.

I don't think you could be as cynical as this bunch of shysters if you tried mate.

The chap that who was at Southampton during their administration (and now with Argyle) said on Spotlight last night that the staff will get their full wages,but in time.

One and all can read into that what they will.....

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
I don't think you could be as cynical as this bunch of shysters if you tried mate.[/quote]

The chap that who was at Southampton during their administration (and now with Argyle) said on Spotlight last night that the staff will get their full wages,but in time.

One and all can read into that what they will.....[/quote]

Careful, that almost sounds a positive spin on things....that just wont do!

Jan 5, 2011
Guildford
green eyed monster":28z1jhbv said:
I don't think you could be as cynical as this bunch of shysters if you tried mate.

One and all can read into that what they will.....[/quote]

Careful, that almost sounds a positive spin on things....that just wont do![/quote]

A positive spin, those words are taboo around these parts at the moment.

Quick someone confiscate that keyboard as evidence for this misdemeanour. ;)

L

Leopold

:? Someone told me that August 12 is the start of the hunting and fishing season in the UK: I hope that doesn't prove to be too ominous from Argyle's viewpoint; or is the club really just there dangling by a bare thread, waiting to be taken and devoured?
I just hope that upon my return there will be a club to support; one which can actually field eleven players (and keep them on the field of play for ninety minutes +.... :lolno: ).
Then we can start to worry about League position etc.
[I guess we can always look forward to renewing our rivalry with Luton Town.... :doh: ]
GO GREENS!
Leopold.

Aug 26, 2009
Plympton
Great it is not Green eyed monster - just think what you would do if your boss told you he would pay you in full, but he was not really sure when that would be. I bet you would not be too impressed, or would you?

You might also find it a bit difficult to convince your mortgage lender and Sainsburys that you will pay them some time in the future, but you are not sure of when that will be.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
oggyale":1lubvtfo said:

That statement basically means nothing. It's hardly a commitment is it? Doesn't give people any idea about when it might start to happen. When it comes to this sort of thing people should be told what and when things are going to happen.

It's getting to the point now where I'm just becoming more and more cynical about the whole thing, but then just what exactly is there to be positive about or to give anyone any confidence in this process?

O

oggyale

Green_Matt":1utaom5u said:
oggyale":1utaom5u said:

That statement basically means nothing. It's hardly a commitment is it? Doesn't give people any idea about when it might start to happen. When it comes to this sort of thing people should be told what and when things are going to happen.

It's getting to the point now where I'm just becoming more and more cynical about the whole thing, but then just what exactly is there to be positive about or to give anyone any confidence in this process ?[/quote]

Indeed.

That is why i am starting to lose interest in it all now.

If the PBs do drop out and Plan B does not get anywhere (that would be entirely up to the Council if the truth be known),then so be it.

If the club have to stay in admin for another year while other options are sought,then so be it again.

I will try and go to as many home games that i can,albeit POTD. If the cash from all home games [POTD/STs] goes to the staff,players and the bills/overheads,that will be good.

O

oggyale

Green_Matt":um96ntd4 said:
oggyale":um96ntd4 said:

It's getting to the point now where I'm just becoming more and more cynical about the whole thing, but then just what exactly is there to be positive about or to give anyone any confidence in this process ?

Indeed.

If the PBs do drop out and Plan B does not get anywhere (that would be entirely up to the Council if the truth be known),then so be it.

If the club have to stay in admin for another year while other options are sought,then so be it again.

I will try and go to as many home games that i can,albeit POTD. If the cash from all home games [POTD/STs] goes to the staff,players and the bills/overheads,that will be good.

O

oggyale

oggyale":1ik8vxig said:
Green_Matt":1ik8vxig said:
oggyale":1ik8vxig said:

It's getting to the point now where I'm just becoming more and more cynical about the whole thing, but then just what exactly is there to be positive about or to give anyone any confidence in this process ?

Indeed.